She can attack solo and pick off enemies with her homing Cosmo Shot, transform into a Space Station and operate as a slow moving, hard hitting powerhouse, or ride on a Space Station as a Space Station Passenger and function as a playable mounted turret who can provide defense for the Space Station.
Space Cadets are great at teaming up. Up to four can create a Space Station armed with lasers, shield, and rockets.
Cosmo Shot (Solo)
Space Cadet's primary weapon is the Cosmo Shot, which rapdily fires 42 homing lasers before needing to reload. Each laser does 6 damage (7 critical).
Cosmo Shot (Passenger)
Space Station Passenger's primary weapon is also the Cosmo Shot and shares the exact same primary weapon functionality as a Solo Space Cadet, with no changes in damage or rate of fire.
|Fly up, then crash down to cause damage on impact.|
|Transform into a Space Station. Joinable by other Space Cadets.|
Big Bang Beam
|Fire a damaging precision laser after a short charge up.|
Faster refresh time for all abilities by reviving an ally.
Reduces ability cooldown by 30% when a teammate is revived.
Spawn with more health after suffering multiple vanquishes in a row.
After dying three times in a row, spawn with the maximum amount of overhealth for the currently used class after respawning or being revived.
Deal damage with targeting part of Big Bang Beam.
Faster flight speed of Hands-On Torpedo.
Increased health of Hands-On Torpedo.
Briefly reduce incoming damage by earning a critical vanquish. Can stack 3 times.
Reduces incoming damage by 15% for 5 seconds upon vanquishing an enemy. Stacks up to 2 times for a total of 30% damage resistance.
Faster health regeneration.
Doubles health regeneration rate.
Health Regeneration Delay
Reduced time between taking damage and when health regeneration activates.
Reduces the time required to start health regeneration by half.
Earn XP faster.
Earn 10% more XP.
Increased rate of fire when dealing critical damage.
Increases rate of fire by 25% for 1.25 seconds when dealing critical damage.
Increased homing range of Cosmo Shot when aiming.
Increases the maximum homing range of Cosmo Shot by 32.5% when aiming.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning a critical vanquish.
Reduces ability cooldown by 3 seconds upon critically vanquishing an enemy.
Connected Space Cadets gain ammo by blocking damage with Asteroid Shield.
Adds 10 rounds to the magazine when blocking damage with Asteroid Shield.
Cosmo Shot gains faster reload by earning a vanquish. Can stack up to 3 times.
Decreases Cosmo Shot's reload time upon vanquishing enemies. Stacks up to 3 times for a reload time reduction of 20%, 25%, and 33.333% respectively.
Vanquishes with Crater Maker increase it's [sic] duration.
Increases Crater Maker's duration by 2 seconds upon vanquishing enemies.
Move faster when at low health.
Increases movement speed by 20% upon reaching 20% HP or below.
Move faster while Crater Maker is active.
Increases the player's movement speed by 75% while using Crater Maker.
Move faster, except when sprinting.
Increases walking speed by 12.9032%
Move faster while Gravity Smash is active.
Increases the player's movement speed by 30% while using Gravity Smash.
Move faster for a short time by earning a vanquish.
Increases movement speed by 55% for 3 seconds upon vanquishing an enemy.
Tips & Tricks
- Activate Big Bang Beam when behind cover and pop out from it when the windup is finished to fire it before your enemies can react. (not as effective with bullseye)
- hold (fire) while guiding hands-on torpedo to make it fly faster.
October 2019 patch
- ▲ Fix Big Bang Beam not refreshing properly with the Bullseye upgrade
- ▲ Lvl 1: 2.5->2.0 reload time with the Efficiency upgrade
- ▲ Lvl 2: 2.5->1.5 reload time with the Efficiency upgrade
- ▲ Lvl 3: 2.5->1.0 reload time with the Efficiency upgrade
Early December 2019 TTK Changelist
- ▲ Increase Cosmo Shot damage 4.25->6.9
- Gravity Smash
- Fix issue with refresh timer starting early
- Cosmo Shot
- ▼ Decrease damage 6.9->6.5
- Asteroid Shield
- ▼ Decrease health 300->125
- Hands-On Torpedo
- ▲ Increase lifetime 10->15 sec
- ▼ Increase refresh time 14->20 sec
- ▲ Increase direct damage 40->50
- ▼ Decrease splash damage 70->50
- Upgrade Titanium Plating
- ▼ Decrease health 30->20
- Upgrade Bullseye
- Fix issue with incorrect projectile being used
- Her ammo clip has 42 shots, which is a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in which it is stated that the answer to "Life, the Universe, and Everything" is 42.
- This reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy could perhaps be why she does not receive an ammo increase upgrade, while the other classes do.
- On her spaceship, you can see ZASA on it. Which is a play on the aeronautics and space research agency NASA.
- "ZASA" has also appeared before in the Garden Warfare games, being present on the Astronaut's uniform.
- When the Space Cadet is a passenger on a Space Station, her Cosmo Shot still gets spun around rapidly when reloading, despite her not doing the animation where she hits it.
- For an unknown reason, her icon for the character challenges is bugged, showing two parts of her idle animation at once.
- Their internal name is Astronaut.