Sod (草垛; pinyin: cǎo duǒ) was a plant and an environment modifier in Plants vs. Zombies Online. It was obtained in Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum. Like the Lily Pad and Flower Pot, it allowed other plants to be planted on it, acting as an extension plant. It could only be planted on unsodded paths.
In English: Sod
Plants can be planted on Sod.
- Hover the image to see the full description.
Do what you would when using a Flower Pot or a Lily Pad. However, keep in mind that you can also plant ground plants, such as Potato Mine on it. Planting Wall-nuts on it can help protect your Sods as well as the other plants behind it, as Hawker Carts will appear in these lanes and will release their Zombie Piggies every five seconds. Avoid planting Spikeweed or Spikerock on it, as when Sod is eaten up by a zombie first, they will disappear along with it.
- It was the only non-instant-use plant to not have a Plant Food ability.
- It was one of the two plants that can be planted on pathways directly. The first is the Wax Gourd.
- It was the third plant to serve the purpose of a planting base for other plants, after Lily Pad and Flower Pot.
- It and Wax Gourd did not appear in Adventure Mode, and were the only plants introduced in Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum to have this trait.