- For other uses, see Ice Pea (disambiguation).
Snow Pea attacks by firing frozen peas at zombies, which can slow their target's movement and attack speed by 50% and deal damage. However, Torchwood can melt them, which will make them into normal peas which removes the freezing effect, so it is not recommended to use a Torchwood with a Snow Pea.
|Snow Pea firing|
- For more information about this character, see Snow Pea
Snow Pea is unlocked after beating Level 1-6, and costs 175 sun (150 in Versus Mode) to plant. He does the same amount of damage as a Peashooter (one damage per shot per pea), but can slow enemies down with his frozen peas.
Snow Pea demonstrates the importance of slowing plants in the game, albeit at a smaller scale compared to other slowing options: While almost twice as expensive as a normal Peashooter, Snow Pea is capable to halving the speed of the incoming zombies, effectively doubling the damage capability of all its allies and giving the player more reaction time. However, his single-target nature means that Snow Pea will become quickly outclassed by other plants such as Winter Melon or other sort of peashooting plants combined with Torchwood in terms of crowd control, as they are capable of hitting or even slowing multiple targets at once. Snow Pea will also face a problem when working with fire-based plants, particularly Torchwood as the frozen pea will lose its freezing effect once it passes through Torchwood, not gaining any bonus in damage. He is also able to take out a Conehead Zombie by himself.
Only a single column of Snow Peas should be used in any level, as additional columns will not provide any more suppression capability while costing more sun. Snow Pea should not be used on the Roof, since his peas cannot overcome the slope present on the columns near the house; instead, a player should use a Winter Melon.
Ladder Zombies are highly useful in neutralizing Snow Peas, as their ladder can shield the zombies from the slowing effect. The player should be cautious however that Magnet-shrooms and Fume-shrooms can overcome the ladders, rendering Ladder Zombie devoid of their protection and vulnerable to firepower.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Snow Pea.
- When the Snow Pea shoots a frozen pea, a small glittering sound is heard. In the DS and DSiWare version, the sound will be louder.
- On the French version, the Snow Pea's description has a last pun in the end, saying that "Ces jeux de mots ne font pas le pois," with the expression "ne pas faire le poids" (here, "not being important/not something to care about") and the word "pois" (which means "pea").
- His stem and leaves are green, even though he is mostly colored blue. It shares this trait with Winter Melon.
- He is nicknamed "小冰" (lit. "little ice") in Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West.