- For other uses, see Snapdragon (disambiguation).
Snapdragon is a playable plant class in Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. He is an Attack class and specializes in close range fire damage, utilizing many flame-based attacks and abilities.
All about controlling space and doing lots of damage up close. Blazing trail is great at splitting a battlefield or holding a chokepoint.
|Fly up, then crash down to deal damage on impact.|
|Launch blue fireball that follows enemies.|
|Create a blazing wall of fire along a straight path..|
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning multiple vanquishes rapidly.
Reduces ability cooldown by 50% for earning multiple vanquishes.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by reviving an ally.
Reduces ability cooldown by 30% when a teammate is revived.
Spawn with more health after suffering multiple vanquishes in a row.
After dying three times in a row, spawn with the maximum amount of overhealth for the currently used class after respawning or being revived.
Gain health by earning a vanquish when at low health.
Grants 30 health upon vanquishing an enemy at low HP.
Increases homing radius when Blue Blazes is launched.
Increases Blue Blazes' maximum distance by 50% and its homing angle by 25%.
Enemies remain on fire for longer.
Increases the burn duration from 3.5 seconds to 6 seconds.
Longer burn duration of Blazing Trail.
Reduced overheat of Flame Blower and Flare Ball by igniting an enemy.
Decreases the overheat percentage by 0.15 percentage points upon igniting an enemy.
Enemies get knocked up into the air using Swoop Slam.
Larger explosion of Flare Ball attack.
Regenerate health when near multiple enemies.
When near two enemies within a 10m radius, regenerate 4 HP every 0.5 seconds.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning a critical vanquish.
Reduces ability cooldown by 3 seconds upon critically vanquishing an enemy.
Move faster, except when sprinting.
Increases walking speed by 12.9032%
Gain health by earning a vanquish.
Grants 10 health upon vanquishing an enemy.
Reduced overheat of Flame Blower and Flare Ball when Blue Blazes is launched.
Resets the overheat percentage upon launching Blue Blazes.
Create a column of fire at enemy's location on every 3rd vanquish.
The fire column lasts for 5 seconds.
Earn XP faster.
Earn 10% more XP.
Use weapons and abilities faster just after sprinting.
Reduces sprint exit delay by 25%
Swoop Slam ignites nearby enemies near impact.
Impact radius is 3m (9.84 ft)
Faster travel speed of Blazing Trail.
Increases Blazing Trail's travel speed by 100%.
Snapdragon is excellent when it comes to close to mid-range damage. His high health makes him able to take a beating and give the zombies the same treatment. He isn't very fast, so try to get a quick vanquish or run away while you still can. His ranged attack isn't too reliable, but his Flame Blower is really effective. Try to aim for the zombie's head for extra damage. Do keep in mind that fire damage will not kill enemies. It will leave your enemies at 15 HP.
Snapdragon can use Blazing Trail to block off zombie pathways, use Blue Blazes from a distance to pick off targets, and use Swoop Slam to reach high areas, go through dummy shield or escape. However, Snapdragon can't do much when far away from enemies, so it's best to use Swoop Slam to get close to enemies to burn them or land a fatal direct hit with it
Snapdragon is a bit of a large target, so he can be hit quite easily. As such, Zombies with a high rate of fire (such as Foot Soldiers, Imps, and All-Stars) can achieve many direct hits, quickly earning a vanquish. If the Snapdragon uses Swoop Slam, try to move out of the way, otherwise, you'll take a beating and the Snapdragon will easily be able to finish you off with Flame Blower. If the Snapdragon uses Blue Blazes, try to hide around a corner as the fireball won't be able to home in on you that way. If the Snapdragon uses Blazing Trail, try to stay away from it.
Out of all the Zombies, Foot Soldier is probably one of the best for fighting Snapdragons. As mentioned above, his high rate of fire can easily earn a vanquish. His Rocket Jump can get him out of the Snapdragons range, or to higher ground where he can attack the Snapdragon with ease. On a rooftop, the Soldier can easily hit the Snapdragon, while it will have to rely on Flare Ball, which isn't very accurate, even less so if you use a Super Stink Cloud to hide your location. If the Snapdragon gets in too close to your rooftop, use your Super Stink Cloud and retreat. ZPG is also good for vanquishing a Snapdragon.
Tips & Tricks
- ▲ Extend lifetime of Blue Blazes projectile 8->10s
- ▼ Lengthen refresh time of Blue Blazes 10-17s
- ▲ Increase max speed of Blue Blazes 18->20m/s
- ▲ Increase max turn angle of Blue Blazes 120->125
- ▲ Increase damage of Blue Blazes 75->125
- ▲ Fix Blue Blazes projectile not flying straight when it doesn’t have a homing target
- ▲ Improve projectile size and trajectory of Flame Blower
- ▲ Initial velocity increased 52.5->62
- ▲ Fix issue with burn DOT healing zombies back up to min life burn threshold
- ▲ Reduce Flare Ball heat value per shot 0.24->0.18
- ▲ Updated Swoop Slam camera to be easier to aim
- ▲ Flame Blower damage increased 4.5->6.5
- ▲ Reduce Flame Blower overheat penalty 1.25->0.75
- ▲ Flare Ball direct damage increased 11.6->21
- ▲ Decrease Flare Ball heat gain rate
- ▲ Decrease Flare Ball overheat penalty 1.25->0.75
- Flame Blower
- ▼ Decrease range 30->25 m
- ▲ Increase initial velocity 62->75 m/s
- ▼ Add drag start distance 12 m
- ▼ Add drag end distance 19 m
- ▼ Add final velocity post drag 32 m/s
- Blue Blazes
- ▼ Decrease direct damage 75->65
- ▼ Decrease splash damage 50->35
- ▲ Decrease refresh time 17->14.25 sec
- Blazing Trail
- Adjust trajectory to be more center screen aligned
- Flare Ball
- ▲ Increase blast radius 0.65->1.25 m
- ▲ Increase shockwave radius 1->1.5 m
- Blue Blazes
- ▼ Decrease blast radius 3->2.35 m
- ▼ Decrease shockwave radius 4.2->2.6 m
- Upgrade Radiate
- ▲ Increase blast radius 1->2.75 m
- ▲ Increase shockwave radius 1.9->3 m
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Snapdragon.
- In both the first and second Garden Warfare games, he was a Spawnable Plant.