Note: The stats shown below only apply to level 1.
Snapdragon's Plant Food ability is named Dragonfire, Snapdragon releases a short-ranged fireball that does heavy damage to all zombies in a 3x3 area.
Snapdragon's Tacobility is Dragonflight. Snapdragon gains wings, increasing her attack range as well as allows him to hit flying zombies.
March 16th, 2020 Patch
- ▼ Sun cost has increased from 6 to 7.
- ▼ Base damage has been reduced by 20%
- ▼ Range has been reduced to stay fully within the two columns in front of him.
- ▼ Snapdragon’s Taco’d range has been reduced to stick precisely to a 0.5-tile increase when promoted.
- ▼ Promoted Plant Food area has been changed from a 3x4 area to a 3x3 area, to match his VFX.
- ▼ The damage boosts that Snapdragon gains at higher Tacobility upgrade levels have been halved.
- ▼ Plant Food damage has also been significantly reduced.
PopCap Note: We realized as a result of player feedback and internal testing that Snapdragon was far more powerful than anticipated, especially when using their Tacobility. The balance changes to Snapdragon are significant, but should put the plant more in line with other units. One Snapdragon alone can't hold the line any more, but you'll find that the classic strategy of three Snapdragons backing each other up is just as effective as always!
May 26th, 2020 Patch
- ▼ Cooldown increased from 12 to 15 seconds.
- ▲ Health increased from 300 to 500.
- ▲ Base attack now hits up to 6 zombies in each row, up from 4.
Snapdragon, if unlocked early, can be a very powerful plant with the right combination of plants and a good strategy. Due to Snapdragon's unimpressive health, she is best when planted behind a Wall plant. She deals heavy damage up close and pierces through obstacles, making her effective against obstacle zombies. However, in later levels, if not leveled enough, Snapdragon's short range and damage will prove to not be too helpful against stronger zombies. Snapdragon is very good against Impfinity Clones, Disco Zombies, Chicken Wrangler Zombies, and other swarming zombies. Her Tacobility effect can also deal with Jetpack Zombies, Balloon Zombies, Pigeon Feeder Zombies, and other flying zombies.
Snapdragon's Plant Food deals heavy damage in a 3x3 radius. It's useful for taking out high-health threats and swarms alike. However, be wary as it does not hit flying zombies.
Snapdragon's Tacobility allows Snapdragon to fly, hitting flying zombies and making him attack zombies 3 tiles away instead of 2. In short, enhancing the already powerful ability of the Snapdragon.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Snapdragon.
- Unlike in Plants vs. Zombies 2, Snapdragon does not gain wings when using Plant Food. Instead, she gains wings when using Tacobility.
- In the Pre-Alpha, Snapdragon used to shoot small fireballs in each lane instead of a fire wave, However, when one pre-alpha tester complained about the fact, PopCap decided to honor their wish and change it to a wave like in Plants vs. Zombies 2.