- For the level before the v1.8 update, see Sky City - Day 9 (Pre-1.8).
Sky City - Day 9 is the ninth level of Sky City in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. This level introduces the Missile Zombie. When this level is finished for the first time, the player gets coins.
In normal mode, the player has to beat the zombies at level 1.
This level marks the introduction of the Missile Zombie. While you can't hurt it with plants, you can destroy it with fingerswipes. Just like with Day 7, Double-Cabin Aircraft Zombies are present, however they appear infrequently compared to that level. Thunderstorms are also present in this level, meaning that choosing Ampthurium is a must. With all that being said, the player should bring strong offensive plants to defeat the level.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|6||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|9||2||None|| Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|10||3||None|| Final wave.|
- With thunderstorms present, the player should plant Ampthurium in column two to remove the statuses from plants affected by it.
- While Double-Cabin Aircraft Zombies don't appear as frequently as Day 7, they should be taken care of with high-damaging plants.
- Missile Zombies, as the tutorial shows, can be destroyed by swiping your finger. They aren't much of a threat if defeated quickly. However, if the player doesn't pay attention to it, they will pay the price by replanting plants on the first to third columns. With that in mind, the player should avoid that from happening.
In hard mode, the player has to defeat leveled-up zombies.
Despite the fact that the zombies are upgraded, the amount of swipes Missile Zombies take doesn't actually change. With that in mind, the player only needs to worry about Double-Cabin Aircraft Zombies. Upgraded plants or strong level 1 plants like Cattail should take care of them with ease.
- Any strategy used in normal mode will work in hard mode, just keep in mind that upgrading them is a must for finishing the level.