The skull is a piece of headwear worn by the Jurassic Fossilhead that appears in Jurassic Marsh in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It works similarly to the ice block that the Blockhead Zombies use, except it absorbs 200 more damage per shot to certain instant kills. It is the second strongest type of headwear in the main series, only being surpassed by the brick and its world-themed variants.
The skull absorbs 1800 damage per shot. Its appearance changes upon absorbing 540 and 1080 normal damage shots.
- Its appearance is based on the skull of the triceratops dinosaur.
- Ironically, the game is set during the Late Jurassic (Kimmeridgian), while the Triceratops only appeared during the Late Cretaceous (Campanian)
- This incoherence is shared with the Pterodactyls, the T-rex, the Ankylosaurus and possibly the Raptors, making the Brontosaurs and the Stegosaurs the only non-incoherent dinosaurs
- It is the only piece of headwear in Plants vs. Zombies 2 that slows down a zombie.
- When the skull is destroyed, the Jurassic Fossilhead's speed changes from stiff to basic.
- In the Chinese version, Magnet-shroom has the ability to attract them, despite not being made out of metal.
- †: Metallic