Saucer Squash (飞碟瓜; pinyin: fēidié guā) is the fifth plant obtained in Sky City in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. Similar to Stunion, it stuns zombies for around 10 seconds and then flies away. If the Saucer Squash is level 2, it can capture low health zombies while it captures higher health zombies if it is level 3.
Saucer Squash appears to be based on a Cucurbita pepo, better known as pumpkin.
Its body is based on a flying saucers, also known as flying disc, which is a term for a supposed type of described flying craft with a disc or saucer-shaped body, commonly used generically to refer to any anomalous flying object. Its eyes resemble alien's eyes in general descriptions.
飞碟瓜 (Saucer Squash)
Sun cost: 25
Saucer Squash emits light to capture zombies close to it.
Plant feature: yellow plant, flying plant, alien
Plant Food effect
The stunning effect lasts twice as long.
Just like Stunion, Saucer Squash is a good plant to stall zombies. Because Stunion is not an airborne plant, the player should use Saucer Squash if the player is playing Sky City, as they have the same sun cost. In other areas however, Stunion should be used due to its recharging speed.
However, a level 2 or 3 Saucer Squash with the capture ability usually means it is more worthwhile to bring it along over Stunion.
- In its Puzzle Piece as well as the seed packet, it seems to be frowning for unknown reasons.
- However, it is still smiling in the Costumed Puzzle Piece.
- If it freezes while stunning in Frostbite Caves, it will appear above the ice block. However it will still be frozen.
- If hit by bullets while stunning zombies, it can die and it instantly ends the stunning progress earlier.
- If the player digs it up just as the stunning effect ends, the player will get a small amount of sun back from the shovel power-up.
- It also works in the middle of the stunning. The stunning effect will however persist, ending only at the normal duration of around 10 seconds.