Rose is a playable plant class in Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. She is a Support class who specializes in buffing the stats of ally plants, increasing the damage dealt by ally fire through Jinx, as well as increasing mobility speed through Arcane Enigma.
Roses support the plants with boosts to speed and damage. Their Goatify spell is great at making enemies scatter.
Rose's primary weapon are the Magic Thistles, magical homing missiles which fire from her wand. Each missile deals 12 damage (15 critical) at a rate of 200 RPM (rounds per minute). Rose can fire 20 rounds before having to reload.
|Curse enemies to take more damage.|
|Become invulnerable and cast speed aura, boosting team move speed.|
|Summon gigantic goat spell that turns enemies into goats.|
Use jump and abilities while reviving.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by reviving an ally.
Reduces ability cooldown by 30% when a teammate is revived.
Spawn with more health after suffering multiple vanquishes in a row.
After dying three times in a row, spawn with the maximum amount of over-health for the currently used class after respawning or being revived.
Move faster in air.
Move faster in air with the following stats: (1.) Forward constant: 1.15; (2.) Backward constant: 2.3; (3.) Left constant: 1.4375; (4.) Right constant: 1.4375.
Gain health by reviving an ally.
Grants 75 HP upon reviving an ally.
Magic Thistles move faster.
Magic Thistles move 5 times faster.
Move faster after spawning or being revived.
Increases movement speed by 55% for 6 seconds after respawning or being revived.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning a critical vanquish.
Reduces ability cooldown by 3 seconds upon critically vanquishing an enemy.
Locked and Loaded
Increased homing range of Magic Thistle when aiming.
Increases the maximum homing range of Magic Thistles by 50% when aiming.
Move faster, except when sprinting.
Increases walking speed by 12.9032%
Cast Jinx at enemies location if you or your allies critically vanquish a Jinxed enemy.
Move faster for a short time after receiving damage.
Increases movement speed by 15% for 1.65 seconds upon taking damage. Stacks up to 4 times for a maximum of 50% movement speed increase.
Earn XP faster.
Earn 10% more XP.
Longer Goat form for enemies affected by Goatify.
Enemies are slowed down when rapidly damaged by Magic Thistle attacks.
Attacking enemies in a 5m (16.4 ft) radius with Magic Thistles slows them down by 67% and decreases their jump height by 50%. This effect lasts for 2.5 seconds.
Gain increased damage aura for a short time after a vanquish streak of three.
Activates a damage aura with a 5m radius upon vanquishing 3 enemies without dying. Increases damage by 20% and lasts for 7 seconds.
Start regenerating health while in Arcane Enigma.
Gain health when a Jinxed enemy gets vanquished.
Gain 35 health upon vanquishing a Jinxed enemy.
As Rose, it is recommended to stay at the edge of the fight, as Rose isn't best suited for close quarters combat, and her thistles won't home on to enemies if she goes too far out of range. As Rose is a Support class, it would be wise to stick near your team and to provide necessary stat buffing, using Arcane Enigma to assist your team in reaching objective points, or to flee from enemies when low on health. Goatify is best used on large clusters of enemies, causing them to scatter and clearing out the area for the plant team to occupy or advance through. It is recommended to use Jinx on stronger, tankier enemies such as Super Brainz or All-Star to aid your team in vanquishing them due to their high amounts of health.
Rose has low health, so she can be destroyed quite quickly. If she goes into Arcane Enigma, follow her so you can destroy her later. If you get Jinxed, try to hide until the Jinx wears off. If the Rose uses a Goatify, stay on the edges of the Goatify so you don't fully transform but are still able to atatck the Rose.
Rose is best at mid-range, so close-ranged chracters like Scientist and Super Brainz are deadly against her. They can kill her quickly so she won't have time to go into Arcane Enigma. It is recommended that you don't play the Imp, as her Magic Thistles will home in on them. Captain Deadbeard's Parrot Pal is also not the best choice as she can home in on them as well, but Captain Deadbeard's Barrel Blast is a good choice if you sneak attack the Rose.
Tips & Tricks
- ▲ Remove weapon swap delay after casting Goatify 0.2->0s
- ▲ Fix the upgrade S-Cape's movement multiplier to be 15% increase in all directions
- ▲ Magic Thistles maintain lock time increased 0.1-0.2
- ▲ Magic Thistles acquire lock angle increased 1.65->2.5
- ▲ Lock distance for Magic Thistles increased 38->45
- ▲ Turn angle of Magic Thistle projectiles increased based off distance from target
- ▲ Can not cancel Arcane Enigma until 1 second has elapsed
- ▲ Magic Thistles reloaded on activation of Arcane Enigma
- ▲ Arcane Enigma Rollout XP event increased 1->10xp
- ▲ Jinx duration increased 8->9
- ▲ Jinx AOE increased 3->3.25
- ▲ Switch back to primary time after casting Jinx decreased 0.7->0.2
- ▲ Switch back to primary time after casting Goatify decreased 0.4->0.2
- ▲ Range modifier increased of Locked and Loaded upgrade 1.3x->1.5x
- ▲ Projectile speed modifier of Thistle Missile upgrade increased 3.5x->5x
Early December 2019 TTK Changelist
- ▲ Increase Magic Thistles damage 7.08->12
- ▼ Decrease Magic Thistles rate of fire 240->200
- ▼ Decrease Magic Thistles ammo capacity 32->20
- ▲ Decrease Magic Thistles target acquire angle 2.5->2.0
- ▲ Adjust Magic Thistles camera recoil
- ▼ Decreased rate of fire on Magic Thistles
- Decreased rate of fire from 240 RPM to 200 RPM
- ▼ Time Snare Upgrade – Increased the number of hits needed to trigger Time Snare
- Increased the number of hits required from 5 to 6
- Increased charge gain per hit from 0.22 to 0.2428572
- Increased charge decay rate from 0.1 to 0.3333333