Rose is a recurring character within the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. She is a flower from the past capable of using magic who traveled to the present after seeing a zombie-controlled future.
Rose is most well known for her Goatify spell, a spell that transforms zombies effected by it into a goat.
As of Plants vs. Zombies 3, she has appeared in three games.
Rose is based off the Rosa species of plant, a flower known for their beauty.
Her Goatify ability could be a reference to the ancient Roman novel The Golden Ass, in which the main character, who was transformed into a donkey, was told by the goddess Isis to eat a crown of roses to restore their human form.
- Main article: Rose (PvZ: GW2)
Rose's first appearance is in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, acting as a support character. She can build Portals for her allies in Herbal Assault and uses a variety of magic spells to stall out zombies.
As with the other playable classes in the Garden Warfare series, she has numerous Character variants based on her, each having their own traits which differentiates them from the standard base character.
- Main article: Rose (PvZH)
- Main article: Rose (PvZ: BfN)
All of her abilities have been reworked since Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 with Arcane Enigma now boosting other plants' speed rather than damaging zombies, Goatify's projectile being bigger and longer lasting and Time Snare has been replaced with Jinx, an ability similar to Nec'Rose's charge ability from that game.
Unlike in the Garden Warfare series, Rose no longer has any Character variants, but instead has a large number of character upgrades, some of which grant abilities to Rose's primary weapon and abilities.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Rose.
- She may be based on the tale "Beauty and the Beast," in which an enchanted rose is used to mark how long the Beast has until the Enchantress' spell becomes permanent. The connection is bolstered with Rose being able to turn zombies into beasts itself.
- According to the Garden Warfare 2 prequel comic series, Rose is able to communicate with humans thanks to her magic abilities.
- She has actual roses for hands, with the petals serving as "fingers."