Romeward Bound - Level 1 is the first level of the Roamin' Romans and Romeward Bound events in Penny's Pursuit. It takes place in Lost City, and is very similar to Lost City - Day 26. It has new objectives and zombie swaps, similar to other Penny's Pursuit levels. In addition to the zombie swaps, there are also some newly added zombies.
With the waves being randomized in this level, it's impossible to tell which zombies are gonna appear next. The player should try and set up a strong defense to eliminate those zombies.
In Penny's Pursuit, the zombies in a level can swap depending on the difficulty chosen.
In Penny's Pursuit, levels have bonus objectives that can be completed to level up Penny Perks.
Mild Bonus Objective
- Never have more than 18 plants
Spicy Bonus Objectives
- Produce at least 4500 sun
- Never have more than 12 plants
Extra Hot Bonus Objectives
- Produce at least 6500 sun
- Never have more than 11 plants
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|5||3||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|6||1 3 4 2 5||None|
|8||2 3||Parachute Rain!|
|10||2 3 4||None|
|11||4 5 1||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|12||4 4 5 2 1 3||Parachute Rain!|
Note: waves are randomized
For a walkthrough of this level in mild difficulty, click here
For a walkthrough of this level in Spicy Difficulty, click here
Strategy 1: The constantly-reviving fortress
- Select Bass Blast Perk beforehand. It is recommended to upgrade this perk to level 4 first before attempting this level at its hardest difficulty by playing other levels with objectives.
- Plants needed:
- Plant your Chili Bean/Explode-o-nut/Primal Potato Mine/Squash on the pre-placed gold tile for sun production.
- Use Hurrikale to stall the first few zombies. Keep spamming your instants at C3 as soon as they recharge.
- From there, plant more Gold Leafs at C3.
- The main weakness of this strategy is the instants' recharge time. The Plant Food given in this level can remedy this.
- From the first flag onwards, use Blover the moment you see the words "Bass Blast Perk" on your screen.
- Nearing the end of the level, ensure that you keep zombies in one particular row alive. This can be done by not using Blover to kill zombies in the final wave. From there, be prepared to wait for one gazillion years until the gold tiles produce at least 6500 sun, while constantly using Hurrikale to push the zombies back as soon as it recharges. Then use your perk + Blover to finish the remaining zombies off. (or use your instants to do so) This way, even one column of Porter Gargantuars can be stalled with ease.
- But in the end, you should be able to complete both objectives and the level itself, so the 15 min wait is definitely worthwhile! However, it is not recommended to replay this level to farm for Penny's Perks' upgrades, (replay levels 3 or 4 instead) unless if you have found a simpler and less time consuming strategy.