|Cooldown||Rocket spread rate||Rate of fire||Projectile speed||Projectile damage|
|18 s||7||2000 RPM||55 m/s
|Blast damage||Blast radius||Inner blast radius||Shockwave damage||Shockwave radius|
Fire additional rockets by earning a vanquish with Rocket Ride.
Vanquishing enemies with Rocket Ride extends its duration by 3 second.
Earn a tag on an enemy by dealing damage with Rocket Ride.
Rocket Ride is an immensely powerful ability that can possibly vanquish an entire horde of plants or weaken them to the point where they can easily be taken out. As such, it is best used in modes that require to be in a single area for an objective such as Turf Takeover and Suburbination. One thing to keep in mind however is that the 80s Action Hero moves very slowly while using this move and is freely open to attacks. In addition, the 80s Action Hero cannot directly target beneath him so going under him is a good way to escape the possible carnage. What adds to this factor is that the 80s Action Hero won't get many plants that are very far away, as the rockets spread out and blossom.
- Free ride used to cost 7 points
- This was because back when BFN was released you couldn't move with rocket ride and free ride would allow you to move whilst flying
- ▲ Increased blast radius from 1.6 m to 1.8 m.
- ▼ Decreased direct damage from 10 to 8.
- ▲ Increased blast damage from 10 to 12.
- ▲ Increased shockwave damage from 4.5 to 4.75
- ▼ Decreased maximum lock-on range from 50m (146.04 ft) to 10m (32.81 ft)
- ▼ Decreased maximum lock-on angle from 0.1 to 0.01