Quickdraw Con Man is a colossal super-rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. He costs 1 to play, and has 1/4. He has the Bullseye trait, and his ability does 1 damage to the plant hero every time they draw a card. This ability stacks with each Quickdraw Con Man on the field, and persists until all Quickdraw Con Men are removed from the field.
His description is a reference to the proverb "forewarned is forearmed," meaning "prior knowledge of possible dangers or problems gives one a tactical advantage." It is also a pun, since "four" and "fore" are homophones.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribes: Pirate Monster Zombie
- Trait: Bullseye
- Ability: When the Plant Hero draws a card, do 1 damage to them.
- Set - Rarity: Colossal - Super-Rare
How did he know the Plants were coming? Because four-armed is forewarned.
- Added to the game.
Quickdraw Con Man is one of the best cards to play on turn 1 due to his Bullseye trait and high health, meaning he will be able to take a few hits early game. His ability is also great, punishing opponents who rely on card draws by doing 1 unblockable damage to them for each card they draw. This makes him detrimental to heroes who rely on cards such as Flourish, Planet of the Grapes, and Sow Magic Beans, especially Green Shadow, since she is the hero with the most card draw options out of all plant heroes. This can also make the plant hero refrain from playing cards with Dino-Roar abilities as while they get boosted, the plant hero will also take unblockable damage anyway.
Each hero can use him effectively in their own way:
- Impfinity can use him extremely well in his pirate deck, where he will greatly benefit from Template:PvZHLink due to his trait and ability, which grows the more cards the plant hero draws. Template:PvZHLink can do damage to all plants here, destroying weak plants, and his Bullseye trait compliments well with the Strikethrough trait for more unblockable damage.
- Professor Brainstorm can use Regifting Zombie and Wormhole Gatekeeper to help trigger Quickdraw Con Man's ability more often, dealing more damage to the Plant Hero. However, if the plant hero is holding 10 cards, they can't draw any more cards until they use those cards. He can also use Template:PvZHLink to protect him from tricks, especially with Berry Blast, Template:PvZHLink, and most superpowers like Weed Whack.
- Electric Boogaloo can boost his stats with cards such as Vitamin Z and Maniacal Laugh to make him last longer and inflicts more damage. However, keep in mind that his ability will still do 1 damage, even if he is boosted.
- Z-Mech can boost his health to help him last longer with cards such as Camel Crossing, Cone Zone, and Rock Wall.
This card may also be useful if Pecanolith is on the field, allowing him to attack for 4 unblockable damage.
This card is quite difficult to destroy as there is almost no 1-cost card that can destroy him, excluding superpowers. In addition, this card can bring a risk when you draw more cards, especially when it comes to using card like Flourish, Magic Beanstalk, and Planet of the Grapes. You also want to be careful with cards that Conjures a card like Cosmic Nut as your hero will still take 1 damage. As for cards with Dino-Roar, it can be risky as while your cards will turn powerful, Quickdraw Con Man will continuously do unblockable damage to your hero.
Superpowers could be the best option against Quickdraw Con Man. For example, Spudow can play Tater Toss to make a Hothead in the lane with Quickdraw Con Man. As for normal cards, here are a few examples to take care of this zombie:
- 2 Banana Bombs or Berry Blasts
- Wild Berry, though it depends on luck
- Template:PvZHLink, but with the cost of you taking 1 damage
- Fireweed, only if this zombie is on the ground
- Haunted Pumpking, but with the cost of giving your opponent a card
The biggest danger is when you are going against Impfinity, as you want to watch out for this along with Swashbuckler Zombie, who can boost Quickdraw Con Man every time you draw. So be sure to dispose this and Swashbuckler Zombie as soon as possible.
If your hero gets a Super-Block, you also want to be careful if you keep the superpower as it counts as drawing a card, resulting in 1 damage to your hero. If you have 1 health, you must use your superpower to prevent a loss unless that superpower also draws a card, which will still guarantee a loss anyway unless there Soul Patch is on the field.
- He is the first zombie with the Bullseye trait outside the Brainy class.
- Disco-Naut is an exception, as while she gives zombies including herself the Bullseye trait, she does not actually have it from the start.
- During development, he was called "Four-Armed Zombie," and had no abilities.
- Later on in development, he was renamed to "Four-Armed Bandit," and Conjured a zombie fighter, a trick, an environment, and a superpower only when he Evolved.
- This makes it the only card that had an Evolution ability during development and had it scrapped later.
- He and Cat Lady have the highest health-to-brain ratios out of all zombies, at 4 to 1.
- If the plant hero plays a trick that draws two cards at once (Holo-Flora or Flourish), he will activate his ability once, but do 2 damage instead.
- If a Swashbuckler Zombie is on the field, his animation will only play once, but Quickdraw Con Man will receive +2/+2.
- This could be because his ability animation would be more time-consuming than it already is.
- It is the only zombie in the game that in both the monster and pirate tribes.
- It is the only zombie in the franchise that has four arms.