Quickdraw Con Man is a colossal super-rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. He costs 1 to play, and has 1/4. He has the Bullseye trait, and his ability does 1 damage to the plant hero every time they draw a card. This ability stacks with each Quickdraw Con Man on the field, and persists until all Quickdraw Con Men are removed from the field.
His description is a reference to the proverb "forewarned is forearmed," meaning "prior knowledge of possible dangers or problems gives one a tactical advantage." It is also a pun on how "four" and "fore-" are homophones.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribes: Pirate Monster Zombie
- Trait: Bullseye
- Ability: When the Plant Hero draws a card, do 1 damage to them.
- Set - Rarity: Colossal - Super-Rare
How did he know the Plants were coming? Because four-armed is forewarned.
- Added to the game.
Quickdraw Con Man is one of the best cards to play on turn 1 due to his Bullseye trait and high health, meaning he will be able to take a few hits early game. His ability is also great, punishing opponents who rely on card draws by doing 1 unblockable damage to them for each card drawn, meaning he can be detrimental to heroes who rely on cards such as Flourish, Planet of the Grapes, and Sow Magic Beans, especially Green Shadow, since she is the hero with the most card draw options out of all the plant heroes. This can also prevent the plant hero from playing cards with Dino-Roar abilities as while they get boosted, the plant hero will take a risk of unblockable damage.
Each hero can use him effectively in their own way:
- Impfinity can use him extremely well in his pirate deck where he will greatly benefit from Template:PvZHLink due to his trait and ability which grows the more cards the Plant Hero draws. Template:PvZHLink can do damage to all plants here, destroying weak plants and his Bullseye trait compliments well with the Strikethrough trait for more unblockable damage.
- Professor Brainstorm can use Regifting Zombie and Wormhole Gatekeeper to help trigger Quickdraw Con Man's ability more often, dealing more damage to the Plant Hero. However, if the plant hero is holding 10 cards, they can't draw any more cards until they use those cards. He can also use Parasol Zombie to protect him from tricks, especially with Berry Blast, Whack-a-Zombie, and most superpowers like Weed Whack.
- Electric Boogaloo can boost his stats with cards such as Vitamin Z and Maniacal Laugh to make him last longer and inflicts more damage. However, keep in mind that his ability will still do 1 damage, even if he is boosted.
- Z-Mech can boost his health to help him last longer with cards such as Camel Crossing, Cone Zone, and Rock Wall.
This card may also be useful if Pecanolith is on the field as he can attack for 4 damage.
This card is quite difficult to destroy as there is almost no 1-cost card that can destroy it, excluding superpowers. In addition, this card can bring a risk when you draw more cards, especially when it comes to using Flourish, Magic Beanstalk, and Planet of the Grapes. You also want to be careful with cards that conjures a card like Cosmic Nut as you will still take 1 damage to your hero. As with cards with Dino-Roar, it can be risky as while your cards will turn powerful, these zombies will continuously do unblockable damage to your hero.
As with Superpowers, you can use Tater Toss to destroy it while Whirlwind may be able to bounce this if it gets out of control. Devour can also work as long as there is no other zombie that has 3 or less. For normal cards, here are a few examples to take care of this zombie:
- 2 Banana Bombs or Berry Blasts
- Wild Berry, if you get lucky
- Split Pea, while you take 1 damage to your hero
- Fireweed, only if this zombie is on the ground
- Haunted Pumpking,while your opponent draws a card
The biggest danger is if you are going against Impfinity, you want to watch out for this along with Swashbuckler zombie as this can grow bigger the more cards you draw. So be sure to dispose this and Swashbuckler zombie as possible.
If your hero gets a super-block, you also want to be careful if you keep the superpower as it counts as drawing a card, which will still do 1 damage to your hero.
- He is the first zombie with Bullseye trait outside the Brainy class.
- Disco-Naut is an exception, as while she gives zombies including herself the Bullseye trait, she does not actually have it from the start.
- During development, he was called "Four-Armed Zombie", and had no abilities.
- Later on in development, he was renamed to "Four-Armed Bandit", and Conjured a zombie fighter, a trick, an environment, and a superpower only when he Evolved.
- This makes it the only card that had an Evolution ability during development and had it scrapped later.
- He, along with Cat Lady, has one of the highest health-to-brains ratio out of all zombies, at 4 to 1.
- If the plant hero plays a trick that draws two cards at once (Holo-Flora or Flourish), he will only activate his ability once but do 2 damage instead.
- If a Swashbuckler Zombie is on the field, his animation will only play once but Quickdraw Con Man will receive +2/+2.
- This may be because his animation would be more time-consuming than it already is.