Quick Play is a feature unique to the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android, Nook, and Bada versions of Plants vs. Zombies. It allows the player to pick a level from any area (Day, Night, Pool, Fog, Roof, and bonus games) to play by choosing its respective tombstone and then scrolling through each level organized by the type of zombie encountered. It is unlocked after the player completes Adventure Mode for the first time.
Some of the features the iPhone, iPod Touch, Android, Nook, and Bada versions lack is Survival Mode (sans iPad (initial release) and Android (newer update)) and Puzzle Mode (sans iOS and Android (newer update)). Because of this, PopCap Games felt Quick Play would be a good way for players not to lose interest in the game after they have played Adventure Mode. With Quick Play, the player can get money to purchase from Crazy Dave's Twiddydinkies, complete achievements, or simply play their favorite levels.
The levels offered are:
Day: Levels 1-1, 1-3, 1-6, 1-8
Night: Levels 2-1, 2-3, 2-6, 2-8
Pool: Levels 3-1, 3-3, 3-6, 3-8
Fog: Levels 4-1, 4-3, 4-6, 4-8
Roof: Levels 5-1, 5-3, 5-6, 5-8
Bonus Games: Levels 1-5 (Wall-nut Bowling), 1-10 (Conveyor-belt level - Day), 2-5 (Whack a Zombie), 2-10 (Conveyor-belt level - Night), 3-5 (Big Trouble Little Zombie), 3-10 (Conveyor-belt level - Pool), 4-5 (Vase Breaker), 4-10 (Dark Stormy Night), 5-5 (Bungee Blitz), 5-10 (Dr. Zomboss's Revenge)
- The top of the tombstone for the Fog levels is shaped like a gentleman wearing a bowler, presumably referencing the character in Jules Verne's Around the World in 80 Days, Philias Fogg.
- The "Back" gravestone is similar to the PC version Zombatar's "Back" gravestone.
- On the iPad, there is no Bonus Games section.
- In the old iPad version, the Mini-games and Survival are in the Quick Play menu.
- In the "images" folder of the main.pak, you can see an image of the Quick Play button.
- You can click the "Back" button on the Quick Play menu in the GOTY version of Plants vs. Zombies, as long as your monitor is wider than the game's screen (having black bars on the side of the Full Screen game window while the game is opening). To click it, lower your mouse down the left black bar until it turns into a "hand". This is the hidden "Back" Button from Quick Play.
- The background of the secret Quick Play menu is the "More Games" background on iPhone and iPad version.
- When you're on 1-10, 2-10, or 3-10 in Adventure Mode, you can hear the Ultimate Battle music on every level in Quick Play except for mini-games and 5-10, including 4-5 and 4-10.
- When you are on an another level in Adventure Mode, the normal theme of the area you are playing will play for all levels.