- For other uses, see Puff-shroom (disambiguation).
- For more information about this character, see Puff-shroom.
It is the only plant in the game that costs no sun and attacks zombies nearby by firing small puffs of gas. After a certain amount of time, Puff-Shroom will disappear (unless its Tacobility is activated).
However, unlike its appearance in Plants vs. Zombies 2, its lifespan is not based on an internal timer, instead, Puff-Shroom slowly damages itself until it dies. This is a notable difference as zombies will more easily be able to eat Puff-Shrooms that have been planted for longer.
Its short lifespan, however, is based on its Plants vs. Zombies 2 incarnation, with the added damage change being new to Plants vs. Zombies 3.
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
Plant Food effect
Puff-Shroom's Plant Food ability is named Puff Power, which causes both all Puff-Shrooms on the lawn to fire a barrage of puffs, as well as resetting their lifespans.
Puff-Shroom's Tacobility is named Triple Trouble, which allows it to fire three puffs at a time, as well as removing Puff-Shroom's self damage, allowing it to stay on the field until it is eaten by zombies.
Due to Puff-Shroom being a weak plant that decays over time, they are suggested not to be the crux of defense, but rather a temporary and cheap plant to hold off zombies while generating sun for better defenses. Other than that, it is not recommended to use it often.
Its Plant Food ability can be very useful if timed correctly. This is best if there are many Puff-Shrooms on the lawn at one given time, as on its own it is rather weak.
Its Tacobility is very simple, it makes Puff-Shroom fire 3 puffs with each attack and makes Puff-Shrooms no longer have health decay. However, due to how weak Puff-Shroom still is, its Tacobility is outclassed by many others.
- Some say it's callous to throw me in front of a big Gargantuar smash. But I don't mind! I know I'll be back later!
- As Chilling zombies, those giant shark robots fall to Electric plants like myself. How you like them apples??(Unlike to Gravitree's quote tip)
- Sweet Potato says it's callous to throw me in front of a Gargantuar smash. But I don't mind - I'll just sprout back later!(Gargantuar's tip)
- I'm happy to go in front and take the hit from zombies' ranged attacks. Even (gulp) Plunger Zombie!(Plunger Zombie's tip)
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Puff-shroom.