- For other uses, see Sunflower (disambiguation).
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1
SUN COST: 75
SUN PRODUCTION: Large
Primal Sunflowers pop out large suns instead of regular ones.
Sun Production: large suns
Primal Sunflower is new to all this sun-giving business, so be patient with her. She's an early adopter of the all-you-can-stuff-yourself buffet style of sun production.
Plant Food effect
|Sun Cost||Recharge (Fast)||Toughness (Typical)||Sun Production (Large)|
|1||0||0||75||5 seconds||300 dps||75 sun|
|2||10||1,000||4.5 seconds||350 dps|
|3||75||5,000||4.5 seconds||400 dps|
|4||200||10,000||4 seconds||450 dps|
|5||400||20,000||4 seconds||550 dps|
|6||750||30,000||4 seconds||600 dps||100 sun|
|7||1,000||40,000||3.5 seconds||650 dps|
|8||1,250||50,000||3.5 seconds||700 dps|
|9||1,500||60,000||3 seconds||800 dps|
|10||2,000||75,000||3 seconds||900 dps||150 sun|
Primal Sunflower now has a chance to generate one big gold coin as well.
Primal Sunflower serves the middle ground between Sunflower and Twin Sunflower, functioning identically to a fully grown Sun-shroom both in sun production and Plant Food ability. Therefore, the choice between Primal Sunflower and Sun-shroom is entirely up to the player. While the former has full production capability from the start but costs more to build, the latter is more disposable and can be planted in larger amounts early on, but takes a long period of time to grow. However, in levels which tell the player "Spend no more than X sun", bringing Sun-Shroom is better.
For Endless Zones, the player can bring Primal Sunflower along so that sun production will be faster to set their defenses up quicker. This is crucial in high-cost setups.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Primal Sunflower.
- Before the 4.4.1 update, she could be used in almost all Last Stand and Sun Bombs levels, with the exception of the levels in Jurassic Marsh.
- In the 4.3 update, there was an error in the Almanac showing this plant's recharge as Mediocre; this was fixed in the 4.4 update.
- In her Spanish and Portuguese Almanac entry, Primal Sunflower is referred to as a male.
- She acts similar to Giant Sunflower, as both produce large suns.
Specific to the Chinese version
- She can be used in Sky City - Day 24, even though it is a Last Stand level.