Primal Rafflesia (原始大王花; pinyin: yuánshǐ dàwáng huā) is a plant from the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. He was added in the 2.0 update.
Primal Rafflesia lobs balls at the zombies then creates a puddle that slows down zombies (similar to Sap-fling). Ten of Primal Rafflesia's Puzzle Pieces can be obtained by purchasing ¥168 worth of in-game items. 30 of Primal Rafflesia's Puzzle Pieces can be obtained if ¥298 is spent, and 60 Puzzle Pieces if ¥398 is spent.
His costume references how the Chinese word for "Rafflesia", 大王花, translates literally as "King Flower".
原始大王花 (Primal Rafflesia)
Sun cost: 450
特点: 攻击僵尸时 , 会留下一滩缓逮毒液
Primal Rafflesia can launch venom balls to attack zombies and cause slow effect.
Special: When attacking zombies, leave a puddle of venom that causes slow effect
Plant Food effect
When fed Plant Food, Primal Rafflesia lobs 5 venom balls at the random zombies.
Primal Rafflesia will now lob purple venom balls, which do more damage.
Use Primal Rafflesia at the back lines for maximum advantage as it can provide slowing and decent damage at a reasonable rate. Combine this with some melee plants (e.g. Guerrequila, Zorrose) and you will have a decent combo. Make sure to protect him well with other attacking plants and defensive plants like Primal Wall-nut, as he is quite expensive. Otherwise, using Intensive Carrot would be a good idea if you do manage to get him eaten.
- Unlike his normal variant, his projectile is lobbed and can only harm one zombie at a time.
- In the teaser, the Primal Rafflesia's seed packet is green (uncommon).
- This is the only primal plant that does not have its modern version found in Player's House.
- Moreover, this is the only primal plant that has a different ability from it's common version.
- His old Almanac entry was a play on the phrase "搞个毛啦!" (what the fuck!) as 毛 also means fur, referencing on how he has lots of fur being a primal plant.
- Primal Rafflesia used to have the shortest Almanac entry description of any plant within the main installments, being only five words in length.
- In addition, he had the third-shortest Almanac entry of any plant or zombie within the main-series installments, losing out only to Zombie Chicken and Ice Weasel's one-word long descriptions and Wild West Gargantuar's two-word long description.
- His mouth resembles that of a leech.