Pomegranate-pult (石榴; pinyin: shíliú) was a plant in Plants vs. Zombies Online. It was very similar to Cabbage-pult. It lobbed pomegranate seeds at zombies every 2.85-3 seconds, and did extra damage to armored zombies such as Conehead Zombie, Buckethead Zombie, and similar zombies.
Its name, along with its projectile, is based on the Punica granatum.
Its name is a portmanteau of "Pomegranate," the real-life plant this plant is based on and "catapult," referring to how it attacks.
In English: Pomegranate-pult
Powerful plant lobbing pomegranate seeds.
Skill: Launches a lot of seeds to zombies.
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, it launched five large pomegranate seeds at five random zombies on the screen.
- Hover the image to see the full description.
The pomegranate seeds deal a large amount of damage against armored zombies, just like Magic Vine's plasma balls. Usually, it is good to use it as a support plant, as its damage is the same as a Cabbage-pult's if the zombie does not have armor.
- It was probably made as a replacement for Magic Vine, as they both have a similar ability to do heavy damage to armor.
- It sometimes looked at the player.
- It used to be in Ancient Egypt before being moved to Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum.
- When battling in turn-based combat levels, it reused Cabbage-pult's attacking sound effects when hurling pomegranate seeds.
- It also used Cabbage-pult's Plant Food sound effect when Pomegranate-pult activated its Plant Food ability in turn-based combat levels.