Small Plum Blossom (梅小美; pinyin: méi xiǎo měi) is a monthly special plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. She attacks by throwing plum flower blossoms at the zombies. When a blossom hits a zombie, it splits into five petals, four of them go in four diagonal directions, similar to the Rotobaga's projectiles, and the fifth one goes forward.
Small Plum Blossom is based on the subgenus Prunus, a plant that produces the plum fruit. Her projectiles are based from a plum flower.
Attacks zombies by launching plum blossoms that can scatter.
Special: Plum blossoms will scatter after hitting a zombie
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Small Plum Blossom launches a large number of blossoms within a certain angle forwards.
Small Plum Blossom now launches larger plum blossoms that deal more damage.
- Her name may be a pun on 小美眉 (pretty little girl), a usual phrase in Chinese, as if PopCap switches the words and make it a pun with 梅 (plum), which has exactly the same pronunciation as 眉.
- She is the second spring-themed plant. The first one is Dandelion, from the international version.
- She is the first and only spring-themed plant that is Chinese exclusive.
- Interestingly, despite being a spring-themed plant, plum flowers are known for blooming in winter.
- She, Jack O' Lantern, Flame Mushroom, Rose Swordsman, Angel Starfruit, and Match Flower Boxer are only plants that cost 225 sun.
- Out of all, Jack O' Lantern is the only plant in the international version to have such sun cost.
- She is the only plant in the entire series based on the plum blossom.
- For some reason, when getting a costume, she is smaller in her Almanac entry.
- The plant's name itself is an example of alliteration.