Plants vs. Zombies Risk is a board game, which is a modified version of the famous board game Risk. It has a double-sided board and three gameplay types: Total Domination, where the objective is to gain control over the entire board, Mission Objective, where each player must complete a certain objective to win, and Tower Defense, which appears to be based on the normal Plants vs. Zombies gameplay, rather than Risk.
- The map is in the shape of a brain.
- Mount Brainer is mentioned in the Treasure Yeti's Almanac entry. It is on the top left of the gameboard and is the tall mountain.
- Even though in the games Threepeater is one plant, Threepeater counts as three different units here.
- The Threepeater game piece is also taller than the zombie game pieces, unlike the games.
- The Coffee Bean skirmish upgrade has wings, unlike the original Plants vs. Zombies.
- However, the Coffee Bean is often depicted as having wings.
- The Wall-nut faction card depicts the Wall-nut facing forwards.
- Gatling Pea is the only upgrade plant in the game.
- There are no plants from the Fog area.
- Gnomes are the neutral unit in this game. This is similar to Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, where both plants and zombies can fight gnomes in Infinity Time.
- Every zombie from the Day area is in the game.
- Every zombie from the Fog area is in the game.
- The station wagons represent Crazy Dave's car.