This page records all the updates in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes. The game can be updated at any time, opening new features and fixing or adding glitches that can be encountered during the game.
- March 10: Plants vs. Zombies Heroes was announced, and was soft released the same day.
- April 13: The 1.17 update was released to fix some bugs, and reducing the time needed for new quests and reducing their gem rewards.
- April 29: The 1.19 update was released, fixing some bugs.
- June 2: The 1.2.11 update was released, featuring some design changes, the addition of the Almanac, new plants and zombies that replace the use of Peashooters and Basic Zombies and various adjustments to existing cards with the objective of balancing them, along with the additions of mini-bosses in singleplayer and additional missions.
- July 20: The 1.4.14 update was released, which added the option to battle players online by username, a crafting and recycling system, and a new loading screen.
- July 26: Minor changes in version 1.4.14, which changed the cost and description of Knight of the Living Dead, ally packs have been removed from the store and all the other packs now have "multipack" options, The Smash no longer has Rock Wall as a superpower, instead, he has Possessed. On the other hand, Z-Mech no longer has Possessed and instead has Rock Wall, and Basic cards can now be crafted for 25 sparks, but they cannot be recycled.
- September 7: 1.6.27 was released. In this latest update, you can advance your tactics and strengthen your team with new Hero Quests. Each hero has their own path to follow, with unique objectives and adventures to complete. Sour Grapes, Grapes of Wrath and Lurch for Lunch have been redesigned. Insta-Blocks have also been removed.
- October 18: 1.8.23 was released, which released the game worldwide. In this edition, players can now rename their decks, and also get more cards in each premium pack. Online matchmaking was improved, and other various features were added. Plus, Event cards were added for a limited time such as Jack O' Latern.
- October 29: 1.8.26 was released on Android and iOS devices, and fixed some bugs.
- November 30: 1.8.41 was released on iOS devices but not Androids, which added the Red Alert Mission where players can try out to play provided Flower decks including Red Stinger as the new Event Card. In addition, iOS players can purchase the Super Bundle Red that can get the Red Stinger for a limited time. Android players cannot get the Red Stinger, but the Red Stinger is still shown in the collection page.
- December 14: 1.10.14 was released on Android and iOS devices with Feastivus update. This update introduced a new currency called "Ticket", which is used to get event-exclusive cards.
- December 21: 1.10.22 update was released with some behind-the-scenes improvements, with some bugfixes.
Patch Notes 1.2.11
- Each Hero now automatically comes with 4 specific Superpowers locked to that Hero, instead of players collecting individual Superpowers.
- The Super-Block Meter has been streamlined. Now when a Hero is hurt, that Hero’s Super-Block Meter randomly fills 1, 2, or 3 sections. When all 10 sections of the Meter are full, the Hero Super-Blocks just like before. Any time the Hero is hurt, there’s also a 5% chance the Meter will “Insta-Block,” charging all 10 sections at once.
- “Peashooter” and “Zombie” are no longer generic 1/1 cards that can be played by any Hero. Instead, these have been replaced with different 1/1 cards with no abilities in each Class (like Mega-Grow or Kabloom). There is one for each of the ten major “tribes” in the game (like Pea or Mushroom). All players will receive 4 of each of these cards automatically. These cards don’t appear in packs. They are:
- Small-Nut – Guardian: Nut
- Button Mushroom – Kabloom: Mushroom
- Peashooter – Mega-Grow: Pea
- Weenie Beanie – Smarty: Bean
- Bellflower – Solar: Flower
- Skunk Punk – Beastly: Pet
- Cardboard Robot Zombie – Brainy: Science
- Backup Dancer – Crazy: Dancing
- Baseball Zombie – Hearty: Sports
- Imp – Sneaky: Imp (“Imp” is now 1-cost 1/1, down from 2/2. There is a new card “Hot Dog Imp,” described below, filling a similar role as the old “Imp”.)
- Several cards have moved from the Basic Set to the Premium Set and vice versa.
- Several cards have adjusted rarities.
- The keyword "Truestrike" (This doesn't charge your opponent's Super-Meter) is now called "Bullseye."
- Poppin' Poppies is now bigger and costs more Sun: 6, 4/4, still says "When played: Make 1 Lil' Buddies with Team-Up here and next door." (Up from 5 3/3)
- Soul Patch is now stronger: 7, 5/10, still says "Armored 1. If your Hero would get hurt, this gets hurt instead." (Up from 7, 4/10)
- More Spore, the Superpower, now says "Make two 1/1 Button Mushrooms in random lanes." (Was “Make two 1/1 Puff-Shrooms with Team-Up in random lanes.”)
- Sergeant Strongberry is now cooler: 4, 4/3 “When another Berry does damage, do 2 extra damage.” This now powers up special ability damage from Berry cards like Berry Blast, Bluesberry, Cherry Bomb, Grapes of Wrath, and Sour Grapes. (Was 4, 2/3 “Berries have double Strength.”)
- Party Thyme is now cheaper and a new size: 1, 2/2, still says "When a Plant does a Bonus Attack, draw a card." (Was 2, 1/5)
- Potted Powerhouse is now bigger and costs more Sun: 5, 3/3, still says "While in your hand: This gets +1/+1 when a Plant gains Strength or Health." (Up from 4, 1/1)
- Navy Bean is now cheaper and smaller: 4, 3/5, still says “Amphibious.” (Down from 5, 5/5)
- Smoosh-Shroom is now smaller: 5, 5/4 with no abilities. (Down from 5, 5/6)
- Rose Thorn is now named “Briar Rose”
- Smashing Pumpkin is now smaller: 6, 6/5 with no abilities. (Down from 6, 7/6).
- Kangaroo Rider is now smaller: 4, 4/3, still says "When hurt: This kangaroo bounces." (Down from 4, 4/5)
- Pied Piper’s ability now affects all Plants here: 2, 2/1 "Gravestone. When revealed: Plants here get -1/-1." (Was 2 2/1 "Gravestone. When revealed: A Plant gets -1/-1.")
- Gentleman Zombie now has more Strength but less Health: 3, 2/3, still says "Gravestone. Start of Zombie Tricks: You get 2." (Was 3, 1/4).
- Hail-a-Copter now makes a smaller Copter Commando: 6, 6/5 (Down from 6, 6/6).
- Portal Technician is now cheaper and smaller: 6, 4/4, still says "When destroyed: Make a random Zombie here." (Down from 7, 5/5)
- Shieldcrusher Viking, after a philosophical meditation on whether a Viking counts as a Pirate, is now a “Mustache Pirate Zombie” instead of a “History Mustache Zombie.” This means it now works with Zombie Pirate abilities like Swashbuckler and Zombot Plank Walker. Viking is still 5, 5/5 “Bullseye. When this hurts the Plant Hero, empty their Block Meter.”
- Zombot Drone Engineer has gained Gravestone: Is now 2, 1/3 “Gravestone. When a Science Zombie does damage, that Zombie gets +1 Strength." (Was the same stats without Gravestone)
- Fireworks Zombie is now worded differently, with nearly identical gameplay: 3, 3/4 "When played: Do 1 damage to all Plants and Zombies." (Was 3, 3/3 "When played: Do 1 damage to all other Plants and Zombies.")
- Zombot's Wrath now does more damage, and costs more Brains: 3 "Do 3 damage. If there is a zombie in every lane, this does double damage." (Up from 2, “Do 2 damage to a Plant. If there is a Zombie in every lane, this does 6 damage instead.”)
- Arm Wrestler now has more Health with a smaller ability: 1, 2/2 "This gets +1/+1 when a Plant enters this lane." (Was 1, 2/1, "This gets +2/+2 when a Plant enters this lane.")
- Buckethead is now bigger and costs more Brains: 4, 3/4 “Armored 1.” (Up from 2, 2/3 “Armored 1.”)
- Conehead is now bigger and costs more Brains: 2, 2/3 “Armored 1.” (Up from 1, 1/3 with no abilities)
- Football Zombie is now named “All-Star Zombie”.
- Rodeo Gargantuar is now bigger and costs more Brains: 7, 5/9, still says "Gravestone. When revealed: Move a Plant." (Up from 6, 5/8)
- Do-Si-Do Zombie is now named “Line Dancing Zombie”. It now has Strikethrough and more Health, but less Strength: 3, 3/2 "Strikethrough, Gravestone. When revealed: Move this Zombie." (Was 3, 4/1 “Gravestone. When revealed: Move this Zombie.")
- Headstone Carver is now cheaper and smaller: 1, 2/1, still says "When a Gravestone Zombie is revealed, that Zombie gets +1/+1." (Down from 2, 2/3)
- Hot Dog Imp is a new Sneaky card, since the regular “Imp” Sneaky card became one of the ten 1/1 cards with no abilities. Hot Dog Imp is 2, 2/2 “Strikethrough.”
- Smelly Zombie is now stronger: 3, 2/4, still says “Gravestone, Deadly.” (Up from 3, 1/4)
- Surprise Gargantuar now moves and has more Health, but less Strength: 5, 5/6 "Gravestone. When revealed: Move this Zombie." (Was 5, 6/5 “Gravestone.”)
- Toxic Waste Imp is now stronger: 2, 2/2, still says "Amphibious. All Imps are Deadly." (Up from 2, 2/1)
- Zombot Plant Walker is now cooler: 8, 6/6 "Amphibious, Strikethrough. When played: Make two other random Pirates in random lanes.” (Was 9, 5/3 "Amphibious. All Pirates have +2/+2. When played: Make 1/1 Swabbies with Amphibious in every lane.")
- Zombot Sharktronic Sub is now slightly weaker: 6, 5/5 "Amphibious. This gets +1 when a Plant is destroyed. When any Plant gets hurt, destroy that Plant." (Was 6, 5/5 "Amphibious. This gets +1/+1 when a Plant is destroyed. When any Plant gets hurt, destroy that Plant.")
- Zombot Stomp is now stronger: 7 "Bounce all Plants on the Ground" (Was “Bounce all Plants and Zombies on the Ground.)
- Goatify, Rose's signature Superpower, now hits the Zombie with the highest Strength. "Transform a Zombie with the highest Strength into a 1/1 Goat." (Was “Transform a random Zombie into a 1/1 Goat.”)
- Toadstool Takedown, Night Cap’s signature Superpower, is now named “Mush-Boom”.
Today I’m very excited to introduce a new feature to PvZ Heroes – Ranked Multiplayer! Ranked Multiplayer lets you take the competition to the next level with higher stakes and bigger rewards. In addition to casual multiplayer, you can choose your favorite superhero Plants or Zombies, and take on foes in the Ranked competitive play to win battles, collect stars, and progress through the ranks. You’ll be able to use your skills against players from around the world while you rank up, and discover new strategies.
Redesigned Deck BuilderPvZ Heroes players that have been playing since our limited launch in March will also notice a few key changes, including a completely revamped deck builder designed to make it faster and easier for you to build custom teams. We’ve also introduced a new card pack system that lets you earn coins to unlock character cards, giving you more options to choose from when building your team from hundreds of your favorite PvZ characters.
- January 22:
- Set "Event" are now called Premium - Event.
- Lunar New Year special offers are added to the game:
- Fire Rooster, Defensive End and Blooming Heart are added to the Collection, not obtainable at that point yet, but can still be used through certain tricks and abilities.
- February 22:
- Sportacus added to the game.
- April 11:
- Garlic, Health-Nut, High-Voltage Currant, Banana Split, Sun-Shroom, Secret Agent, Gargantuar-Throwing Imp, Imposter and Zombie High Diver are added to the Collection.
- The rarities of most cards have been changed, and the Basic and Premium cards have been merged together to make it easier, removing Coins from the game.
- Daily Challenges have been released, which are daily missions the player can play which give the player a premade deck with cards they may not have with a Hero they may not have. It can also sometimes include a special card that has not been released for the player to try before it is released. Beating a Daily Challenge will award the player Tickets, and more Tickets for doing more Daily Challenges every week.
- An Inbox has been released, which contains the latest news and update news on the game.
- Red Stinger and Hot Date have been made craftable.
- May 2 (update 1.14.13):
- Sonic Bloom and Going Viral are added to the Collection.
- Set "Premium - Event" has been changed back to "Event".
- The Inbox's name has been changed from 'Inbox' to 'News'.
- Bonus Track Buckethead and Electric Blueberry have been made craftable.
- Daily Challenges are renamed to "Today's Challenge!" and the name for each day has been changed.
- June 8 (Update 1.16.10):
- The Galactic Gardens update (Set 2) is released, adding 100 space-themed cards to the game as well as new and updated Strategy Decks, new cards called 'Environments', new Daily Challenges, upgraded and changed Superpowers, new traits called 'Conjure', 'Double Strike', 'Hunt' and 'Overshoot' are added and all previous event cards have been made craftable.
- June 19:
- Season 1 of Ranked Multiplayer ends and Season 2 begins. Players will be awarded piñatas based on their rank from Season 1, which contain Premium Packs and Galactic Packs. The higher your rank was in Season 1, the more packs you will obtain.
- July 11:
- Two brand new Heroes, Beta-Carrotina and Huge-Gigantacus, are released with their own unique Superpowers.
- Many cards have had their rarities, stats and costs changed, with some cards gaining or losing abilities while some Super-Rare cards have become Legendary.
- Forget-Me-Nuts, Atomic Bombegranate, Hover-Goat 3000, Thinking Cap, Kitchen Sink Zombie, Bad Moon Rising, Zombology Teacher and Imp-Throwing Imp are added to the Collection.
- August 23 (1.18.13):
- A new "Random Battle" mode has been added to the game, which allows you to play single-player battles against a random AI opponent who uses a random Strategy Deck.
- The animations of the cards and the gameplay have been streamlined to make games go by faster.
- Transfiguration, Go-Nuts, Witch Hazel, Haunted Pumpking, Ketchup Mechanic, Fraidy Cat, Sneezing Zombie, Exploding Fruitcake, Unexpected Gifts and Frankentuar are added to the Collection, with Captain Deadbeard also being changed to an Event card.
Update 1.18.13 Patch Notes
WELCOME TO THE AUG/SEPT UPDATE!
NEW RANDOM BATTLE MODE
This all-new mode lets you play single-player battles against a variety of decks. These are separate from the main Mission path. Here you can test decks, complete Quests, and earn Event Tickets without any special rules. Try them in the Missions screen!
The animation system has been streamlined to make games advance faster. The animation after watching an ad has been removed to make that go faster. We also fixed a bunch of bugs.
FASTEST MATCH ICON
In Multiplayer, if you can get faster matchmaking at your Rank by playing Plants or Zombies, you’ll see a Fastest Match icon.
Medulla Nebula now costs 3 Brains instead of 2. (Pesky Zom-Bats must have somehow flapped that change from getting into the previous update!!)
If a Heartichoke on Venus Flytraplanet goes to 0 Health during a fight, it won’t be able to use its Heartichoke ability during that fight.
These previous Event cards are now craftable if you tap them in the Collection screen: Sonic Bloom, Synchronized Swimmer, King of the Grill, Corn Dog, Trapper Zombie, Sap-Fling, and Clique Peas.
NEW EVENT CARDS
You can see lots of upcoming event cards in the Collection screen. Just tap the Search button and type Event!
- October 7: Season 4 ended and Season 5 started.
- October 9 (1.22.12):
Update 1.22.12 Patch Notes
Colossal Fossils brings 50 powerful, new Evolution-themed cards in a new pack! Huge-Gigantacus has smashed Meteor Z deep into Earth's core, closely pursued by Beta-Carrotina and her crew. There they discover a hidden jungle paradise: 'Hollow Earth!' In this land of giant roaring dinosaurs, ancient Plants and Zombies have evolved in a savage new direction. Go to the store to buy Colossal Fossils packs now!
New Ability: Evolution
In Colossal Fossils, you'll find 15 different 'Evolution' cards, like Gloom-Shroom and Jurassic Fossilhead. You can play one in an empty lane as normal, or play it on top of a card already in play, 'evolving' it into a fierce new form with a special Evolution effect!
New Ability: Dino-Roar
You'll also find Legendary Dinosaur Plants like Tricarrotops and Dinosaur-riding Zombies like Tankylosaurus. Each unleashes a mighty 'Dino-Roar' ability whenever you draw a card, including when you Conjure a card or put a Super-Block in your hand. Use special abilities to draw extra cards and roar your way to the top!
New Ability: Untrickable
Untrickable Plants and Zombies can't be affected by your opponents' Tricks at all. But you can still power them up with your own Tricks!
Card Balance Updates
We made some new card updates to help keep the different Classes, Heroes, and strategies well-balanced, relying on game result data:
- Shieldcrusher Viking is now stronger: 5 6/5. (was 5/5)
- Zombot Drone Engineer is now healthier: 2 1/4. (was 1/3)
- Cryo-Brain is now Gourmet Science and works with Interdimensional Zombie.
- Toxic Waste Imp now makes Imp Tricks like Cakesplosion Deadly (plus Z-Mech's superpower Missile Madness will destroy every Plant on the board if you are able to Conjure it together with Toxic Waste Imp somehow).
- Haunting Ghost made by Haunting Zombie is more powerful and now an ownable card: a 2 2/1 that says 'Amphibious. When played: A Plant gets -1/-1.'
- Sugary Treat is now stronger: 2 +3/+1. (was 2 +2)
- Healthy Treat is now stronger: 1 +1/+3. (was 2 +2)
- Zom-Bats from Immorticia's superpower are now Amphibious. After all, they can fly!
- Clique Peas now grow in Sun cost as they grow in size. They say: 'Shuffle two Clique Peas into your deck. For the rest of the game, all Clique Peas get +1/+1 and cost +1.'
- Starts with multiple Clique Peas were too fast and overpowering. Drawing multiple Clique Peas is still very powerful, just slightly slower. Clique Peas' Recycle value is raised to 2000 to match its Crafting cost for about a month.
- Venus Flytraplanet now needs Plants to survive combat there in order to cause healing. Venus Flytraplanet's Recycle value is raised to 50 to match its Crafting cost for about a month.
- It has been too frustrating and difficult for Zombies to interact with the constant stream of healing from Venus Flytraplanet. Now it is more interactive, since a powerful Zombie there can take down the Plant to prevent the healing.
- Magnifying Grass now costs less Sun: 3 (was 4).
- January 30 (1.24.6):
- The Triassic Triumph update was released, adding 50 more cards. More tokens (Grizzly Pear, Leftovers) are changed to Triassic - Uncommon. Some cards also underwent balance changes.
Update 1.24.6 Patch Notes
All-New 50-Card Set
Triassic Triumph brings 50 triumphant new cards in a new pack! After Hollow Earth was discovered in Colossal Fossils, Neptuna did not leave paradise lost. Instead, she has flooded Hollow Earth with new oceans, attacking with a vast army of Zombie explorers, pirates, and barbers. Gigantic new Zombie and Plant dinosaurs crash together at the height of the conflict, pitting robotics against radishes. Plants and Zombies evolve into new forms to meet the threat, from a very grumpy pile of spinach to Zombies with dogs, whales, goats, and monkeys. Driving back the Plant Heroes, Neptuna's 'Triassic Invasion' seeks to find and align all the long-whispered Mustache Monuments...before time runs out! Go to the store to buy Triassic Triumph packs now!
New Ability: Fusion
In Triassic Triumph, you'll find 10 different 'Fusion' Plants and Zombies, like Pumpkin Shell and Killer Whale. You can play one in an empty lane and it will fight as normal. You can then play another Plant or Zombie on top of the Fusion card, 'fusing' them together to unleash special abilities! Just like you can play Evolution Plants on top of something else, you can play something else on top of a Fusion Plant. It's like Evolution flipped upside-down!
Dino-Roar, Evolution, and Untrickable
Triassic Triumph is the sequel to Colossal Fossils. So here you'll find 15 new cards bringing back Colossal Fossils' keyword abilities in new ways. There are 6 new Dinosaurs with Dino-Roar abilities, 7 new Evolution cards, and 2 new Untrickable cards.
Card Balance Updates
We believe the game is most fun when a large variety of creative strategies have great chances to win. We love having lots of powerful cards that do different things well. That said, when some cards are too powerful, those strategies can show up too often, be too hard to beat, and end up too annoying. Accordingly, based on card win rate data and player feedback, we've made some card balance updates to help keep the Classes, Heroes, and strategies varied and well-balanced. We've taken a bolder hand than usual this time, moving several cards' power levels up and down to get the Classes to the right place. Any cards that got weaker have their Recycle values temporarily increased to match their Crafting costs, so you can recycle a changed card for something else of the same rarity if you wish.
- (sic) Gargantuar-Throwing Imp is now stronger: it says 'When hurt: Make a random Gargantuar that costs 5 in a random lane.' instead of always making Smashing Gargantuars.
- Yeti Lunchbox, also made by Zombie Yeti, is now a Gourmet Pet Trick. (This means it triggers Zookeeper and Cat Lady.)
- Primordial Cheese Shover is now a Gourmet History Zombie. (Not just Gourmet)
- Goat, also made by Rose's Goatify Superpower, is now an ownable 0-cost 1/1 Pet and gained the ability 'This gets +1/+1 when any kind of Goat is hurt.'
- Zom-Blob no longer has Bullseye.
- Medulla Nebula, now gives 2 brains when you play Zombies there instead of 3.
- Leprechaun Imp now shuffles 1 Pot of Gold into your deck instead of 2.
- Gargantuar Mime is now stronger: 5-cost 5/7. (was 5/5)
- Neutron Imp is now overall stronger: 2-cost 2/3. (was 4-cost 4/4)
- Shieldcrusher Viking is now stronger: 5-cost 7/5. (was 6/5)
- Regifting Zombie is now a Party Pirate. (was just Party)
- Quickdraw Con Man is now smaller: 1-cost 1/3. (was 1/4)
- Abracadaver is now healthier: 3-cost 3/2. (was 3/1)
- Stomapdon now costs more brains: 4-cost 2/4. (was 3-cost)
- Jurassic Fossilhead now gets +2/+2 when it evolves. (was +3/+3)
- Escape through Time now costs 2 brains instead of 1.
- Zombie King now does not re-knight existing Knights of the Living Dead.
- Leftovers, also made by Turkey Rider, is now a Gourmet Pet Trick. (This means it triggers Zookeeper and Cat Lady.)
- Zombot Aerostatic Gondola We fixed a bug where its text had accidentally said 'When this does damage...' Now its text correctly says 'When this hurts the Plant Hero...', matching its game effect. (Sorry about that text bug!) Its Recycle value has been temporarily raised to match its Crafting cost.
- Cursed Gargolith is now stronger: 6-cost 7/6. (was 7/5)
- Tomb Raiser Zombie is now healthier: 4-cost 2/4. (was 2/3)
- Gravitree is now stronger: 6-cost 7/7. (was 6/7)
- Mirror-Nut is now healthier: 4-cost 0/7. (was 0/6)
- Three-Nut is now healthier: 3-cost 3/2. (was 3/1)
- No changes.
- Lily of the Valley has less Health: 2-cost 1/2. (was 1/3)
- Half-Banana, also made by Banana Split, is now an ownable 1-cost 2/2 with the ability 'When destroyed: All Bananas in your hand get +1 Strength.'
- Gatling Pea is now overall stronger: 5-cost 5/4. (was 4/5)
- Jelly Bean now has less Health: 4-cost 4/3. (was 4/4)
- Sow Magic Beans no longer draws a card when you play it.
- Snapdragon is healthier: 4-cost 3/3. (was 3/2)
- Sunflower Seed now has less Health: 3-cost 3/1. (was 3/2)
- Twin Sunflower is now healthier: 2-cost 0/2. (was 0/1)
Other Bug Fixes:
- Untrickable now consistently makes a card unaffected by all your opponent's tricks. For example, Untrickable cards are now correctly undamaged by your opponent's Cherry Bomb, Lava Guava's initial damage, Precision Blast, Power Pummel, and Wall-Nut Bowling.
- Witch's Familiar, Immorticia's signature superpower, can now correctly be played on the Water as well as the land.
- It's now physically easier to play Evolution Plants on Team-Up Plants without the Plant moving out of the way.
- We also fixed a lot of smaller bugs. Thanks for your patience with those bugs!
- An Evolution card played on another card now shows a special Evolution glow.
- Several keyword ability icons on cards (like 'Armored') now show a special animation on those icons when that card is played.
- Thanks for all your support and enjoy TRIASSIC TRIUMPH!
May 18 (1.26.3)
Welcome to the spring update! Hi Heroes! We're excited to see all the cool new combos players are finding with the TRIASSIC TRIUMPH set. On with the update!
Card Balance Changes We love having a variety of powerful cards and dynamic strategies. When some win rates get too high or low, we sometimes make balance changes to help different strategies stay strong.
In recent seasons, we've seen Valkyrie combo decks and Disco-Naut fast attack decks creep up in win rates. Accordingly, we're making some cards a little weaker there. We considered adjusting Valkyrie herself, but for now only adjusting some surrounding support cards. Changing these support cards now can also head off some other potentially problematic interactions. Any cards that got weaker have their Recycle values temporarily increased to match their crafting costs, so you can recycle a weakened card for something else off the same rarity if you wish. We're also making several other cards stronger, where there is room to grow those strategies.
- No changes.
- Mustache Monument now uses more brains: 3-cost 1/5. (was 2-cost)
- Regifting Zombie now uses more Brains: 3-cost 3/2. (was 2-cost)
- Mad Chemist is now bigger: 4-cost 3/4. (was 2/3)
- Neutron Imp is now better, saying 'When an Environment is played, this does a Bonus Attack.' (This now happens when Plant environments are played too, not just when Zombie Environments are played.) Still 2-cost 2/3
- Zombot Dinotric Mechasaur is now sronger: 7-cost 6/7. (was 4/7)
- Wizard Gargantuar now correctly gives Bullseye to the Gargantuar Trick, Zombot's Wrath.
- Disco-Naut is now less healthy: 1-cost 2/1. (was 2/2)
- Final Mission now uses 2 Brains. (was 1)
- Turquoise Skull Zombie is now healthier: 4-cost 2/5. (was 2/4)
- Zombie King is now stronger: 4-cost 3/5. (was 2/5)
- No changes.
- Marine Bean is now healthier: 3-cost 2/4. (was 2/3)
- Red Stringer is now healthier: 4-cost 2/7 that becomes 7/2. (was a 2/6 that becomes 6/2)
Transfiguration is now stronger: 4-cost 3/7. (was 2/7)
- Half-Banana is now better, saying ' When destroyed:
All Bananas in your hand get +1/+1.' (was 'When destroyed: All Bananas in your hand get +1 strength.') Still 1-cost 2/2.
- Banana Split is now also better because it makes two improved Half-bananas.
- Plucky Clover is now healthier: 5-cost 1/5 (was 1/4)
- savage Spinach is now stronger and better: 4-cost 3/6 'Leafy Evolution: All Plants in all lanes and your hand get +2 Strength.' (Was 3/5 and did not affect other Plants in lanes)
- Typical Beanstalk now costs less sun: 4-cost 4/4 (was 5-cost)
- Snake Grass is now stronger: 4-cost 4/2 (was 3/2)
- Witch Hazel is now healthier: 4-cost 0/3 (was 0/1)
- No changes.
Daily Challenge Updates
- We've prepared another batch of the popular Daily Challenges. We've also heard player feedback that some of the recent Daily Challenges have been frustratingly difficult, so we've adjusted some of the toughest ones to be somewhat easier.
'Random Battle' Updates
We've greatly expanded the variety of decks you can fight with the 'Random Battle' button. ( The one inside the 'Plants Missions/Zombie Missions' screens). Now you might fight any of the 5 strategy decks of any hero: 1-star, 2-star, 3-star, Space-themed, or Dinosaur-themed. you might also fight a variety of decks that aren't Strategy Decks at all. There are more than 150 decks to conquer!
New 'Surprise Battles'
- When you tap the 'Random Battle' button, you now have about a 1 in 8 chance to play a special 'Surprise Battles' with a crazy setup!
- We've added labels like 'Conjured by Primal Wall-Nut' to anything created by many cards with Conjure abilities that didn't already have those labels.
- We've also fixed a variety of other bugs.
Update 1.30.4 Patch Notes
Calling all Heroes! We've done an exciting wave of card balance updates. Our goal is to have a wide variety of powerful cards and fun strategies in every Class. To achieve this, we study win rates and use rates for cards, Heroes, and Classes at different levels of play. We also monitor player feedback. This time, we first weakened a few strategies that have gotten too strong. Then we made lots of other cards stronger that could help bring out some cool, new deck types. Try them out and have fun exploring!
Any cards that got weaker have had their Recycle values temporarily increased to match their crafting costs, so you can recycle a weakened card for something else of the same rarity if you wish.
- Deep Sea Gargantuar is now healthier: 6-cost 7/8 (was 7/7)
- Overstuffed Zombie is now overall better: 4-cost 4/4 (was 3/5)
- Mad Chemist is now healthier: 4-cost 3/5 (was 3/4)
- Trick or Treater is now better: Gained the Gravestone ability.
- Duckstache is now stronger: 3-cost 3/2 (was 2/2)
- Neutron Imp is now overall better: 1-cost 2/2 (was 2-cost 2/3)
- Interdimensional Zombie is now overall better: 1-cost 2/2 (was 1/3)
Brainy gains some aggressive options with a new pair of 2-Strength Zombies for1 cost, especially since they are both Science cards. Although Interdimensional Zombie is less resilient, he now hits twice as hard before he transforms.
- Frankentuar is now healthier: 5-cost 5/7 (was 5/5)
- Gargantuar-Throwing Imp is now stronger: 5-cost 2/2 (was 1/2)
- Hippity Hop Gargantuar is now healthier: 5-cost 6/5 (was 6/4)
- Disco-Naut now says 'Zombies with 2 Strength or less have Bullseye.' (was 3 Strength)
- Valkyrie now uses more Brains: 4-cost 0/6 (was 3-cost)
Disco-Naut had been dancing up a storm of high win rates. In particular, Disco-Naut was giving Flamenco Zombie and/or Binary Stars too much unstoppable damage. This change makes Disco-Naut a little more challenging to build around. Valkyrie has been one of the best one-turn-win combo cards in the game for a long time. It has also been undercosted for its stats when played as a normal attacker. Now it still sings impressive arias in both roles, just not quite as quickly.
- Chum Champion is now stronger: 5-cost 4/4 (was 3/4)
- Turquoise Skull Zombie is now healthier: 4-cost 2/6 (was 2/5)
- Cryo-Yeti is now better: Gained the Gravestone ability and freezes a Plant when revealed.
- Unthawed Viking is now healthier: 4-cost 4/4 (was 4/3)
- Captain Flameface is now better: Gained the Gravestone ability.
- Tomb Raiser Zombie is now stronger: 4-cost 3/4 (was 2/4)
- Barrel of Barrels now uses 2 Brains (was 1), but it can now also conjure Rocket Science and Final Mission, which have become Science Barrel Tricks.
Barrel of Barrels has been uncorking a nasty Deadly effect, while costing just 1 and giving you a card back. This has too often barreled over high-Sun-cost Plants who rely on high Health to survive. Now Barrel of Barrels can conjure new Tricks that are more expensive than a barrel of monkeys, but it is less efficient overall.
- Marine Bean is now different and overall better: 3-cost 3/2 'Amphibious. When played: This gets +1/+1 for each other Amphibious Plant.'
- Mirror-Nut is now healthier: 4-cost 0/8 (was 0/7)
- Transfiguration is now stronger: 4-cost 4/7 (was 3/7)
- Atomic Bombegranate is now stronger: 5-cost 5/2 (was 4/2)
- Strawberrian now has less Health: 3-cost 3/2 (was 3/3) and his ability now hits only next door lanes and does not hit his own lane.
- Seargant Strongberry now has less Health: 4-cost 4/3 (was 4/4)
- Shelf Mushroom now has less Health: 2-cost 2/2 (was 2/3)
- Fireweed now has less Health: 2-cost 3/2 (was 3/3)
Strawberrian has been berry powerful, especially since his ability defended his own lane, keeping itself alive. These changes reduce Berries' Health to balance their explosive offense. Fireweed's raw power and flexibility have sprouted too high a win rate, leading to this Health reduction. Lowering these Health values can also help certain Zombie decks that found it hard to survive fast Kabloom attacks.
- Typical Beanstalk is now different and overall better: 3-cost 3/3 'When played next to a Leafy Plant: Conjure a Leafy card.'
- Bog of Enlightenment now uses less Sun: 2-cost (was 3-cost)
- Planet of the Grapes now uses more Sun: 3-cost (was 2-cost)
Planet of the Grapes has a lot of fun applications, but it could be frustratingly fast to draw lots of cards with Astro-Shroom and Admiral Navy Bean. This change brings those combos a bit back to planet Earth.
- Laser Bean is now stronger and healthier: 6-cost 5/7 (was 4/6)
- Briar Rose now uses more Sun: 5-cost (was 4-cost)
- Solar Winds now uses more Sun: 3-cost (was 2-cost)
- Sunflower Seed is now overall weaker: 3-cost 2/2 (was 3/1)
Briar Rose has blossomed into one of the most feared Plants in the game, ever since her cost dropped from 6 to 4. After many seasons of dominance, it's time for the bloom to come off the rose, making her and the strongest Flower enablers a bit slower. These enablers have also been very powerful in decks that ramp up their Sun to make high-Sun-cost plays early on. These cards are still quite strong - just slightly slower. This will also help some Zombie strategies that had an especially thorny time with this Rose.Please rate our app in the store after every update, and thanks for playing!