Plants vs. Zombies Free Trial is a free PC version of Plants vs. Zombies. It is meant to be an advertisement for the full version of the game. The player can only play up to Level 3-4 in Adventure Mode in this version. After they finish Level 3-4, an advertisement called Upsell appears and suggests them to purchase the full version. It will automatically link the player to the way to get it.
- Ask Me About Mustache Mode (can be earned)
- Better Off Dead
- Beyond the Grave
- China Shop
- Don't Pea in the Pool (can be earned)
- Explodonator (can be earned)
- Home Lawn Security
- Good Morning
- Nobel Peas Prize
- No Fungus Among Us (can be earned)
- Penny Pincher (can be earned)
- Popcorn Party
- Roll Some Heads (can be earned)
- SPUDOW! (can be earned)
- Sunny Days (can be earned)
- Towering Wisdom
There is also a cover box with PopCap Games logo, Plants vs. Zombies logo, Angry Peashooter and a Zombie, which is used for buying the Full Version.
- This version has all of the Game of the Year Version's achievements, but only eight of them can be achieved.
- Unlike the web version, the levels will not be replayed from the start. Instead, it will ask the player "Do you wish to replay level 3-4?". The player can also earn coins in this mode.