- This game contains upcoming content for PvZ3! Read at your own risk!
- Not to be confused with Plants vs. Zombies 3D: Ancient Egypt, an unrelated game.
Plants vs. Zombies 3D (植物大战僵尸 3D: zhíwù dàzhàn jiāngshī 3D) is a QQ and WeChat mini-program released by Tencent. It is a spin-off game of Plants vs. Zombies 3. In order to play the game, one must have either the Tencent QQ or WeChat mobile application and a registered account for the respective platform. It was also released as an HTML5 game on the 4399 game store.
The player's goal is to defend their house by unlocking and upgrading their plant types. Plant types are plants that attack differently from each other. For example, Repeater and all his varieties deal ranged damage to single zombie, while Chomper and their varieties breathe fire to deal damage to all zombies in close range. All plants attack automatically, killing zombies coming from the bottom of the screen. The player can also tap on the screen rapidly to increase plant types' firing rate.
Zombies are divided into waves, between which the player's house is fully restored. Some waves are boss (or Brainiac) waves, which feature one tough zombie to defeat. For each killed wave, the player receives coins and golden leaves, while boss waves also grant chests. Coins are used to upgrade plant types damage, while golden leaves are used to unlock new plant types.
Upgrading plants with coins grants the player silver leaves, which are used to upgrade plants' passive traits.
Each plant type has 4 varieties, ranging in power and passive traits. Varieties are unlocked and upgraded via puzzle pieces, which can be found in chests and through watching ads.
Plant type: Respective plants
- House health: Wall-Nut
- Ranged damage to single target: Repeater, Ice Queen Pea, Fire Peashooter, Bamboo Shoots
- Ranged damage to multiple targets: Lightning Reed, Starfruit, Flak Seed, Caramel Popcorn
- Close range damage to multiple targets: Chomper, Ragweed, Snapdragon, Pushywillow
- Melee damage to single target: Bonk Choy, Backpetal, Celery Stalker, Chard Guard
- Ranged multiple target damage rockets: Acorn Oak, Night Cap, Gravitree, Kalestorm
- Unknown: Cabbage-Pult, Kernel-Pult, Melon-Pult, Burstberry
- Unknown: Gloom-Shroom, Sun-Shroom, Lemon-Aid, Aloe
- Unknown: Squash, Butternut Squash, Sunflower, Buttercup
- Peashooter, seen in title screen
- Threepeater, seen in title screen
- Twin Sunflower, seen in title screen
- Wasabi Whip, seen in title screen
- Pomegunate, seen in title screen
- Grapeshot, seen in title screen
- Jalapeno, seen in title screen
- Snapdragon, seen in title screen
- E.M.Peach, seen in title screen
- Match Flower, seen in title screen
- Durian from AS concepts, seen in title screen
- Pitcher Plant from AS concepts, seen in title screen
- Palm Tree from AS concepts, seen in title screen
- Sugar Cane from AS concepts, seen in title screen
- Onion from AS concepts, seen in title screen
- Pomegranate from AS concepts, seen in title screen
- Pineapple from AS concepts, seen in title screen
- Orange from AS concepts, seen in title screen
- Browncoat Zombie
- Jetpack Zombie with a plant in its hands
- Conehead Zombie
- Unicorn Gargantuar
- Hot Dog Imp
- Firewall Zombie
- Goalie Zombie
- Zombie Mascot
- Poncho Zombie, seen in title screen
- Rabbit Zombie, seen in title screen
- Stone Carrier Gargantuar, seen in title screen
- Mummy Zombie, seen in title screen
- Mecha-Football Zombie, seen in title screen
- Future Flag Zombie, seen in title screen
- Pirate Zombie, seen in title screen
- Flying Imp Zombie, seen in title screen
- Disco Jetpack Zombie, seen in title screen
- Troglobite, seen in title screen
- Zombot Plank Walker, seen in title screen
- Spotlight Zombie, seen in daily rewards screen
- Rainbow Glitz, seen in fortune wheel screen
- Immorticia, seen in fortune wheel screen
- Dr. Zomboss, seen on the title screen and in fortune wheel screen
Sprites and textures
- This game, Plants vs. Zombies 2: Guardian and Plants vs. Zombies 2: World are the only three Plants vs. Zombies mini-program games to have HTML5 versions and be available on 4399.
- On the title screen, stolen fan art of Grapeshot and Dr. Zomboss can be seen.
- The sound effect that plays upon completing a level is from Angry Birds Epic.