- For the international version of this game, see Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Game icons
- 3 iTunes App Store description
- 4 Game information
- 5 Order of events (Spoilers)
- 6 Areas
- 7 Plants
- 8 Zombies
- 8.1 Returning zombies
- 8.2 New zombies
- 8.2.1 Ancient Egypt
- 8.2.2 Pirate Seas
- 8.2.3 Wild West
- 8.2.4 Kongfu World
- 8.2.5 Far Future
- 8.2.6 Dark Ages
- 8.2.7 Big Wave Beach
- 8.2.8 Frostbite Caves
- 8.2.9 Sky City
- 8.2.10 Lost City
- 8.2.11 Neon Mixtape Tour
- 8.2.12 Jurassic Marsh
- 8.2.13 Modern Day
- 8.2.14 Steam Ages
- 8.2.15 Renaissance Age
- 8.2.16 Heian Age
- 8.2.17 Penny's Pursuit
- 8.2.18 Others
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Trivia
- 11 References
iTunes App Store description
Translated: into English
it's time! "Plants vs. Zombies 2-Wonderful Time and Space Journey" landed in China. The epic struggle between plants and zombies will be continued in different time and space dimensions! New plants, new zombies, new gameplay, combined with the most advanced touch screen technology, players can break the traditional tower defense and directly join the zombie resistance. With the return of Plants vs. Zombies 2, there is also the crazy Dave, new touch screen super props, new magical plant energy, and new methods to protect your brain. Come and join the crazy adventure of crazy Dave through time and space! The predecessor of Plants vs. Zombies 2 is "Plants vs. Zombies" that has accumulated more than 30 best game awards of the year and has hundreds of millions of fans worldwide.
New plant! New zombie!
Powerful new plants such as Caiwen, Dragon Grass, and Lightning Reed will join your lawn guard. These novel zombies will appear one by one as the map advances: mysterious Egyptian pharaoh zombies, pirate harbor pirate zombies, wild west gold digger zombies ... in the new world, all kinds of smart and brilliant zombies will constantly challenge Your eyesight and intelligence.
New skills protect your brain!
The new concept of plant energy and gesture props will bring space-time challenges into a new era. Use plant energy beans to stimulate your plant's potential, pinch, flick, and move zombies with golden fingers to protect the lawn and protect your brain.
Exciting level gameplay!
Ancient Egyptian land, narrow sea deck, rocking western railroad tracks? Different worlds have different challenges. More Samsung reviews on cards bring endless challenge fun!
Fun mini games!
In addition to the classic mini-games: conveyor belt, indestructible, plant crisis.
There are also brand new mini-games that you can't put it down: seed defense, mummy memory, cannon battle, fence battle.
Join the Game Center Achievement Leaderboard!
See how many you are in the leaderboard.
More novel adventures are waiting for you to challenge!
Friendly reminder: watch out for crazy chickens! (I was serious)
Chinese version has similar game modes to international ones, including a couple of new ones.
- Brain Busters
- Daily Challenge
- Plant Adventures
- Endless Challenge
- PvP Mode
- Penny's Pursuit
- Memory Lane
- Vasebreaker (event-only)
The game itself resembles the international version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 after the 1.8 update, but there are some differences that separate the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 from the international version.
During gameplay, there is only one power up to be bought: a one-time use Tactical Cuke costing 15 gems (the cost will increase by 10, 20, 30, and so on, each time per use in a level). It deals massive damage to every zombie on the entire lawn.
Plants and zombies are ranked by levels; the higher ranking a plant, the more enhanced abilities it has; and the higher ranking the zombie, the more health and attack power it has. In order to upgrade a plant, one must collect additional Puzzle Pieces of that plant and send it to Penny to upgrade it (see Plant upgrade system for details).
Upgrading plants are required for higher levels as non-upgraded plants will fail to take care of the most basic zombies in higher levels. For example, a level 1 () Chomper cannot kill a level 4 () Conehead Zombie by itself. Zombies' levels in Hard mode will be based on the order of the world they are in on the map.
To progress to the next world, the player must use stars or 58 diamonds. All worlds require the same amount of stars to unlock, but the amount gradually increases every time you unlock a world.
Stars are a form of collectable in the game, appearing in most levels of the game. Beating the level while meeting zombies with a higher level (Hard mode) will earn the player two more stars. These star challenges only unlock when you have obtained the first star by completing the level normally.
Collecting stars allows the player to unlock specific plants and upgrades like Sun Shovel or Extra Seed Slot. If the player already has the plants, a respective number of pieces will be given to them instead. Completing star challenges will also open chests, which will give you Puzzle Pieces, coins, and in some levels, gems.
- Main article: Pendant
This was added in the 1.4.0 update. The game contains items called Pendants that the player can equip onto their plants. By doing so, the plant receives a buff, the effect dependent on the attachment itself. Attachments are tiered into four levels, the effects of an attachment being more potent the higher up it is.
One feature of this game is its lottery system which allows players to obtain plants, costumes, or puzzle pieces. There are four types of chests: Common, Rare, Legendary, and Costume. Each chest will cost gems to open. The player can also spend many gems to open multiple chests at once. The Ordinary Chest can be opened for free once each day while the and the Rare and Costume Chests can be opened for free once every three days.
It was added in the 1.8.0 update. Penny's Store lets you buy different plant Puzzle Pieces. New Puzzle Pieces will replace them after an amount of time. On weekends, the number of puzzle pieces sold are doubled. The puzzle pieces can be bought with either 5,000 or 10,000 coins (Common/Uncommon plants) / 15 or 30 gems (Rare/Super-Rare plants). Sometimes, there are discounts, usually there is a 30% off discount. Legendary plants don't appear in the store.
- Main article: Gene Modification
- Main article: Plant Family
Added in the 2.0.0 update, this mechanic can be accessed through Plants section. It is very similar to the Plant upgrade system in Plants vs. Zombies 2. This lets the player increases the stats of their plants in a family. Each time the player upgrades a plant in a family, it will give the plant family an upgrade that has a random stat increased for a random amount. Each family can only choose 1 upgrade.
The player is able to upgrade their plants in that family for free 3 times a day. If they want to upgrade more they'll have to pay gems for every upgrade after that. The player can also pay 100 gems to unlock a new upgrade slot, but the upgrades in this slot are more powerful. Getting more plants in a family will upgrade the level of that family, which will increase later upgrades' power.
- Main article: Artifact
Added in 2.7.0 update, this mechanic gives the player powerful limited-time effects as well as passive buffs to plants and debuffs to the zombies. They can be unlocked and upgraded through various means.
- Main article: Achievements (PvZ2)
Like in the international version, there is an achievement system but only on iOS. Those are extra optional tasks that rewards the player with some points. Those can be accessed via Game Center on iOS. Note that the Chinese version only has the first 22 achievements from the international version.
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)/Update history
Since it was first released, this game has been updated monthly with new content and other tweaks. Check this article to see the update history of this game.
Concept art and upcoming content
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)/Concepts
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)/Upcoming content
Check these articles to see concept art of the game and upcoming content that is going to be added in future updates. However, beware, as there are spoilers ahead.
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)/Glitches
Check this list to find glitches that this game has and maybe how to fix them.
Order of events
They are also introduced to Mummy Zombie, Conehead Mummy, Flag Mummy Zombie, and Plant Food. After the player finished Ancient Egypt - Ultimate Challenge, the player is shown with other worlds to unlock with the stars they have. In each world, the player encounters different zombies, with new plants and gimmicks.
|Ancient Egypt||15||29 (14 Easy Mode,14 Hard Modes, 1 Boss Battle)|
|Pirate Seas||25||49 (24 Easy Mode, 24 Hard Mode, 1 Boss Battle)|
|Wild West||25||49 (24 Easy Mode, 24 Hard Mode, 1 Boss Battle)|
|Kongfu World||25||49 (24 Easy Mode, 24 Hard Mode, 1 Boss Battle)|
|Far Future||25||49 (24 Easy Mode, 24 Hard Mode, 1 Boss Battle)|
|Dark Ages||25||49 (24 Easy Mode, 24 Hard Mode, 1 Boss Battle)|
|Big Wave Beach||25||49 (24 Easy Mode, 24 Hard Mode, 1 Boss Battle)|
|Frostbite Caves||25||49 (24 Easy Mode, 24 Hard Mode, 1 Boss Battle)|
|Sky City||25||49 (24 Easy Mode, 24 Hard Mode, 1 Boss Battle)|
|Lost City||25||49 (24 Easy Mode, 24 Hard Mode, 1 Boss Battle)|
|Neon Mixtape Tour||25||49 (24 Easy Mode, 24 Hard Mode, 1 Boss Battle)|
|Jurassic Marsh||25||49 (24 Easy Mode, 24 Hard Mode, 1 Boss Battle)|
|Modern Day||27||51 (24 Easy Mode, 24 Hard Mode, 3 Boss Battles)|
|Steam Ages||23 (unfinished)||46 (23 Easy Mode, 23 Hard Mode) (unfinished)|
|48 (24 Easy Mode, 24 Hard Mode) (unfinished)|
|48 (24 Easy Mode, 24 Hard Mode) (unfinished)|
- Main article: Plants (PvZ2C)
In the game, not all plants are obtained by getting their seed packets at the end of a level. Instead, they are obtained by collecting Puzzle Pieces of that plant.
- Marigold - Appears while loading and results screen.
- Melon Slice-pult - Appears on one of Puzzle Pieces in the 1.8.0 in-game advertisement.
A plant marked with * is a premium plant.
A plant marked with ' is a monthly special plant.
A plant marked with # is a plant that can be obtained through stars.
A plant marked with ^ is an upcoming plant.
A plant marked with † is a plant that has been removed from the game.
A plant marked with ~ was previously a monthly special plant and now is obtainable.
- Main article: Zombies (PvZ2C)
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version).
- The game was infamous for the fact that before the 2.0.0 update, the Android version's soundtrack only consisted of a looping intro of the Player's House theme and a cut off version of the Ancient Egypt Final Wave music.
- The Choose Your Seeds screen is different from the international version. It only shows what plants the player has unlocked and some returning premium plants instead of all plants.
- All plants that can be bought with coins are all returning plants from the first game.
- The icon for the Neon Mixtape Tour update was the icon for the Neon Mixtape Tour Side B update in the international version.
- The game's map assets are animated faster than in the international version.
- Notably, the Chinese version has a new loading screen for every update that adds a new world, with a few new loading screens for some event based updates. This is unlike the international version, which changed its screen in 1.7 and did not change at all after that.
- If the player looks closely, most objects are slightly transparent.
- Before the 1.8 update, on the world selection screen, the map from the world they were in last is still visible, and plants and upgrades are still animated.
- The loading screen for the 2.7.5 update appears to use stolen artwork from former wiki and DeviantArt user Lolwutburger.
- This is the second instance of Talkweb stealing artwork from this user, with the first being from the Plants vs. Zombies 3D loading screen.
- Talkweb then apologized to Lolwutburger for stealing the Gargantuar-Throwing Imp artwork for the loading screen, gaining permission from them to use the artwork while giving proper credit.  
- They only apologized for this instance of them stealing artwork though, and not for the first instance of them using art from Lolwutburger.