- Not to be confused with Plants vs. Zombies Risk, a Plants vs. Zombies board game in the style of Risk that was released.
Plants vs. Zombies: The Board Game was a board game that was supposed to be released sometime in 2012, but was canceled.
Plants vs Zombies: The Board Game is a board game version of the popular video game Plants vs. Zombies by PopCap Games. In the game, dice are rolled, which places zombies in players' yards. Player can then respond by playing plant cards to remove zombies from their board or by playing cards, which make it harder for opponents to manage the zombies on their respective boards. The goal is to keep the zombies from entering your house.
- While PopCap Games were the ones who created Plants vs. Zombies, this board game was created by ZetaBoards.com.
- It is one of the two cancelled games in the Plants vs. Zombies series, the other being Talking Zombatar.
- The board game is notable for being the only one released on a non-digital format.
- There is a board game for Plants vs. Zombies in the style of Risk, known as Plants vs. Zombies Risk.
- The concept of a card system would later be adapted in the form of the Cards for Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and will eventually show up properly in the series.