Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West (植物大战僵尸西游版; pinyin; Zhíwù dàzhàn jiāngshī xīyóu bǎn) was a Chinese-exclusive extension of Plants vs. Zombies. It was based on the Chinese novel, Journey to the West. It was later discontinued as it was merged with Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition.
|Icon||Area||Number of levels|
|Mini Games 1||5|
|Mini Games 2||5|
|War of the Spider Woman||8|
|Three Fights With Skeleton Demon||8|
|Subdue the Yellow-Browed Monster||8|
|Outsmart the Fire Child||8|
|Battle of the Ox-Demon||8|
|The Dragon's Palace||5|
|Walkthrough (all areas)|
- All Plants vs. Zombies plants
- Aggro Brocco
- Oak Archer
- Ghost Pepper
- Laser Bean
- Bonk Choy
- Oxygen Algae
- Sea Starfruit
- Bramble Sea Grass
- Water Gun Grass
- Electric Anemone
- Hero Plants
- All Plants vs. Zombies zombies
- Flying Imp (steals stars, health is random in each level)
- Spider Devil Zombie
- Skeleton Lady Zombie
- Red Boy Imp
- Yellow Brows Gargantuar
- Ox-Demon King Zombot
- Conchhead Zombie
- Seahorse Pogo Zombie
- Lobsterhead Runner Zombie
- Tortoise Zombie
- Crab Imp
- Fish Thrower Imp
- Dragon King of the East Sea Zombot
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West.
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West/Concepts
- All the images on the seed packets were the images from the online Almanac.
- Every world, plant, and zombie returned from the first game. Only a few new features were introduced.
- The player could not plant any mushrooms, nor Torchwood under the sea.
- Pig Squash's garden rake attack references Zhu Bajie's primary weapon, the nine-toothed rake.
- Electric Anemone, Aggro Brocco, Pomegunate, Carrotillery, Oak Archer, and Ghost Pepper have the upgrade plant seed packet, even though they were not upgrades. This was mostly intended to prevent the plants listed above from getting imitated by Imitater.
- They are all unlocked by purchasing them at the shop.
- Some plants from Plants vs. Zombies 2 were in the game, and had their Plant Food abilities as their secondary attacks.
- This was not the first Journey to The West inspired game created by PopCap. In Bookworm Adventures Vol. 2, the 5th Book: The Monkey King, introduced characters inspired by the novel and the legend.
- The Zen Garden was unlocked in 1-6, instead to 5-5.
- You were able to use plants in Zen Garden to unlock certain upgrade plants or x-11 to x-13.