Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West (植物大战僵尸西游版; pinyin; Zhíwù dàzhàn jiāngshī xīyóu bǎn) was a Chinese-exclusive extension of Plants vs. Zombies. It was based on the Chinese novel, Journey to the West. It was later discontinued as it was merged with Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition.
|Walkthrough (all areas)|
|Icon||Adventure||Number of levels|
|The Zombies Are Coming (僵尸来袭)||13|
|Backyard Emergency (后院告急)||13|
|Roof Battle (屋顶决战)||13|
|Mini-games 1 (迷你游戏1)||5|
|Mini-games 2 (迷你游戏2)||5|
Journey to the West
|Stage icon||Stage||Adventure icon||Adventure||Number of levels|
|The Land Demon (陆上降妖)||War of the Spider Woman (大战织蛛女)||8|
|Three Fights With Skeleton Demon (三打百骨精)||8|
|Subdue the Yellow-Browed Monster (降伏黄眉怪)||8|
|Outsmart the Fire Child (智取火孩儿)||8|
|Battle of the Ox-Demon (决战牛大王)||8|
|The Sea Demon (海底伏魔)
The Dragon's Undersea Palace (海底龙宫)
|Fight the Sirens (力战群海妖)||5|
|Brave the Dragon King's Palace (勇闯龙王殿)||5|
|Icon||Challenge||Number of levels|
|Boss Rush (首领战)||4|
- All Plants vs. Zombies plants
- Aggro Brocco
- Oak Archer
- Ghost Pepper
- Laser Bean
- Bonk Choy
- Oxygen Algae
- Sea Starfruit
- Bramble Sea Grass
- Water Gun Grass
- Electric Anemone
- Hero Plants
- All Plants vs. Zombies zombies
- Flying Imp
- Spider Devil Zombie
- Skeleton Demon Zombie
- Red Boy Imp
- Yellow Brows Gargantuar
- Ox-Demon King Zombot
- Conchhead Zombie
- Tortoise Zombie
- Lobsterhead Runner Zombie
- Crab Imp
- Seahorse Pogo Zombie
- Fish Thrower Imp
- Dragon King of the East Sea Zombot
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West.
- Main article: Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West/Concepts
- All the images on the seed packets were the images from the online Almanac.
- Every world, plant, and zombie returned from the first game. Only a few new features were introduced.
- The player could not plant any mushrooms, nor Torchwood under the sea.
- Pig Squash's garden rake attack references Zhu Bajie's primary weapon, the nine-toothed rake.
- Electric Anemone, Aggro Brocco, Pomegunate, Carrotillery, Oak Archer, and Ghost Pepper have the upgrade plant seed packet, even though they were not upgrades. This was mostly intended to prevent the plants listed above from getting imitated by Imitater.
- They are all unlocked by purchasing them at the shop.
- Some plants from Plants vs. Zombies 2 were in the game, and had their Plant Food abilities as their secondary attacks.
- This was not the first Journey to The West inspired game created by PopCap. In Bookworm Adventures Vol. 2, the 5th Book: The Monkey King, introduced characters inspired by the novel and the legend.
- The Zen Garden was unlocked in 1-6, instead to 5-5.
- You were able to use plants in Zen Garden to unlock certain upgrade plants or x-11 to x-13.