- For other uses, see plants.
Plants are living organisms that belong to the Plantae kingdom. They obtain most of their energy from sunlight in a process called photosynthesis. However, not all plants absorb energy via photosynthesis. They are the protagonists of Plants vs. Zombies Adventures and the player's main defense against the undead assailants.
Differences between Plants vs. Zombies
Because of the different layout of Plants vs. Zombies Adventures compared to Plants vs. Zombies, several things were changed to the idea of plants so that they accommodate the 3D conversion.
- Plants (except for Wall-nut, Hard-nut, and Popcorn) don't get eaten. Instead, they get knocked out for about 5 seconds. Giving the plant 25 sun will revive it, so the plant can attack zombies again.
- Plants are finite per level. The player will be given a maximum of 5 for a certain plant type, so placing plants in safe but practical spots is more important than in its predecessor.
- Plants have to be grown in the Player's Town. Not all plants are equal in this aspect.
- Because the game is 3D, plants attack the zombies in a square pattern rather than a line. If multiple zombies are in a plant's square, it will attack the one farthest from the starting Grave. If a zombie is eating a plant, the plant will prioritize the zombie eating it.
Ways to get plants
First, the player must grow plants in Plant Boxes (unless they are given). Plants cost coins to grow. Once they are grown, the player can either plant them in their town to protect it from zombies, or take them on the road to help with their road trip.
Secondly, the player can receive a free plant occasionally from a friend at no cost to them. These plants are free to send, but the plants inside will only be Peashooters, Sunflowers, Aspearaguses, or Wall-nuts. If the player is full on those plants, the mystery gift will be 5 coins.
When the player goes on the road trip, they can take a maximum of five to seven different plant types, with five plants of each type. Each plant has a varying sun cost. After five of the same plant have been planted, they can be bought with gems. The gem cost also varies. VIP plants can only be bought with gems.
When the player finishes an area in the road trip, if they have enough coins, they can reclaim a lot, and if the player succeeds, they will unlock a new plant.
|Plant||Image||Description||Coins||Sun||Gems||XP||Range||Power||Buff effect||Harvest||Function interval|
|Peashooter||Shoots peas at zombies||25||100||5||3||5x5 (medium)||Low (20 damage)||Range (+2) Damage||1 minute||1.5 seconds|
|Sunflower||Makes extra Sun for placing plants||50||50||8||5||n/a||n/a||Stuns zombies (3x3 area)||2 minutes||15 seconds|
|Aspearagus||Shoots stalks from a healthy distance||50||125||10||5||11x11 (huge)||Medium (30 damage)||Range (+2) Damage||10 minutes||2 seconds|
|Wall-nut||Stops zombies with its chewy shell||100||50||30, 45||10, 15||n/a||n/a||Defense increase||1 hour||n/a|
|Cherry Bomb||Blows up all nearby zombies||250||150||90, 130||25||7x7 (long)||Massive (1000 damage)||N/A||6 hours||3 seconds|
|Popcorn||Explodes on contact; takes time to arm||150||50||35||15||1x1 (very short)||Massive (1000 damage)||N/A||2 hours||15 seconds|
|Beet||Headbutts zombies into submission||300||100||70, 110||20, 30||3x3 (short)||High (40 damage)||Damage||4 hours||1 second|
|Snow Pea||Slows down zombies with cold precision||200, 350||125||40, 65||20, 35||5x5 (medium)||Medium (30 damage)
|Range (+2) Damage||2 hours||1.5 seconds|
|Jalapeño||Destroys an entire path of zombies||300||100||40, 90, 125||30||Whole path||Massive (1000 damage)||N/A||6 hours||3 seconds|
|Magnet Plant||Grabs metallic objects from zombies||400, 600||100||50, 70, 110||40, 60||5x5 (medium)||Metal only||Insta-ready for more metal||4 hours||15 seconds|
|Flaming Pea||Shoots fiery peas which burn so good||500, 750||125||75, 125||50, 75||5x5 (medium)||High (40 damage)||Range (+2) Damage||6 hours||1.5 seconds|
|Shamrock||Shoots far. Hides when zombies are nearby||600, 800||125||75, 100, 145||60, 80||11x11 (huge)||High (60 damage)||Range (+2) Damage||8 hours||2 seconds|
|Bamboo Shoot||Lobs explosive shells at multiple zombies||800, 1000||175||125, 180||80, 100||5x5 (medium)||Heavy (160 damage)||Range (+2) Damage||12 hours||3 seconds|
|Repeater||Fires two peas at a time||1000||100||130, 150||100||5x5 (medium)||Very high (80 damage)||Range (+2) Damage||6 hours||1.5 seconds|
|Chilly Pepper||Blasts and freezes an entire path of zombies||1500||100||175, 220||150||Whole path||Massive (1000 damage)
0 (ice blocks)
|N/A||8 hours||3 seconds|
|Twin Sunflower||Makes twice the Sun of a regular Sunflower||3000||50||20||300||n/a||n/a||Stuns zombies (3x3 area)||5 minutes||15 seconds|
|Plant||Image||Description||Coins||Gems||To unlock||Range||Power||Buff effect||Harvest time||Function interval|
|Sweet Pea||Shoots candy at zombies||50||15, 25||Help from 5 friends
|5x5 (medium)||Medium (30 damage)||Range (+2)
|1 hour||1.5 seconds|
|Beeshooter||BUZZZZ. Shoots bees at zombies||100||20||1000 gems||7x7 (long)||High (40 damage)||Range (+2)
|4 hours||1.5 seconds|
|Hard-nut||Stops zombies with its hard, crunchy shell||400, 600||90||1250 gems||n/a||n/a||Defense increase||4 hours||n/a|
|Acespearagus||Delivers long-range precision strikes||200, 300||50, 60||1250 gems||13x13 (huge)||High (60 damage)||Range (+2) Damage||4 hours||2 seconds|
|Power Flower||Makes three times the Sun! Groovy!||200||30||1500 gems||n/a||n/a||Stuns zombies (3x3 area)||12 hours||15 seconds|
|Beetboxer||Pummels zombies for a total beetdown||600, 900||20, 165||1250 gems||3x3 (short)||Very high (80 damage)||Damage||16 hours||1 second|
|Ice Queen Pea||Slows down zombies with icy precision||600, 1000||80, 130||1000 gems||7x7 (long)||High (60 damage)||Range (+2)
|8 hours||1.5 seconds|
|Shamrockstar||Shoots very far and rarely hides||1200||150, 160, 290, 325||1500 gems||13x13 (huge)||Very high (120 damage)||Range (+2)
|12 hours||2 seconds|
|Bamboom||Packs a massive punch at medium range!||1600, 2000||180, 360, 500||1750 gems||7x7 (long)||Super heavy (possibly 320 damage)||Range (+2)
|18 hours||3 seconds|
- Power refers to how much damage plants deal.
- When a plant is harvested, it drops one XP star.
- Harvest refers to the amount of time a player must wait before a plant planted in the planter box can be collected and put into inventory.
- Function intervals refer to the time between attacks, sun production, reloading, and the like.
- Words in parentheses refer to how the game describes how powerful an attack is or how far a plant can attack from (including boosted effects if the plant normally has no attack).
- All regular plants have a 10 second recharge time before before being able to plant another one of the same plant (except the Wall-nut, Cherry Bomb, Jalapeño, and Chilly Pepper, which take forty-five seconds to recharge).
- All VIP plants have a 5 second recharge time before being able to plant another one of the same plant.
- If a plant gets K.O.ed, it takes fifteen seconds and costs 25 sun to revive, except Wall-nut and Hard-nut.
- VIP Plants cannot be planted with coins before their seeds are unlocked by gems, and do not cost any sun to use.
- Once a Wall-nut or a Hard-nut is eaten, it cannot be revived.
- When the first zombie appears, the plants that are already planted at that time appear surprised for a short time.
- There are currently no plants that cost more than 200 sun, probably because in this game, sun production is lower.
- VIP plants have no sun cost.
- Bamboom deals the highest damage any plant can do, as it is able to kill a Gargantuar Zombie in 9 to 10 hits.