Pismashio is a basic common plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Guardian class. It costs 2 to play and has 2/3. It does not have any traits or abilities. Its closest zombie counterpart is Space Cadet.
OriginsIts is based on a pistachio (Pistacia vera), a member of the cashew family.
Its name is a portmanteau on "pistashio," the real-life plant it is based on; and "smash."
Its description references pistachio ice cream.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribe: Nut Plant
- Traits: None
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
"I'm a kind of ice cream! Sort of!"
There is nothing really remarkable about Pismashio. While it is a basic plant with above-average stats, other 2-sun Guardian plants like Cactus, Sea-Shroom, Water Chestnut, and Jugger-Nut can outclass it in a lot of situations, as well as those in other classes like Black-Eyed Pea, Cabbage-Pult, Fire Peashooter, and Snow Pea. Nonetheless, it is a fairly reliable and balanced plant, and any strategies and counters with nuts apply to it as well.
While this isn't a dangerous plant in any way, it can give you some trouble on turn 2 because no 2-brain zombie can destroy Pismashio and survive a hit from it at the same time. Tricks like Electrobolt, Stayin' Alive, Slammin' Smackdown, and Rolling Stone are good counters to it, although playing a superpower on Pismashio is a waste. If your opponent chooses to boost it, Squirrel Herder can always take care of it.
- It heavily resembles Pistachio, a plant in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars.
- It makes the same sound as Cabbage-Pult when attacking.
- When it attacks, the pistachio it fires from its shell shrinks.
- There is an animation/layering error where one of Pismashio's eyes go behind the upper shell.
- This is due to the animator layering the rigged parts of the character in one of its animation sequences incorrectly.