Pig Squash (倭瓜八戒; pinyin: wōguā bājiè) was a plant in Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West. It is one of the Hero Plants. It attacks by charging up for a while, then smashing an area the player selects. Occasionally, it releases a Garden Rake. It absorbs 40 bites, and can heal itself. It can be moved anywhere, even above water.
Pig Squash is based on a Squash and Zhu Bajie, "Pigsy" in English, from Journey to the West, a half human-half pig monster who often gets himself and his companions into trouble through his laziness, gluttony, and propensity for lusting after pretty women.
Pig Squash has following abilities:
- As any other hero, it can be moved by swiping a finger from its location to the desired cell. Hero Plants can be placed everywhere, except cracks in ground in Outsmart the Fire Child levels and uncovered earth in Battle of the Ox-Demon. If Hero Plant placed on other plant, it desactivates (except Oxygen Algae ability)
- As any other hero, Pig Squash, if chosen, present on the central cell of the lawn from the very beginning of the level. If zombies kill it, it is absent for some time on the field, after which it is reborn in the original place. Also its health can be increased by "Durability" skill
- If there is a zombie close to it, Pig Squash will smash him like Squash, but survive and fall asleep. During sleep, it is unable to crush zombies. Time of sleeping can be reduced by "Awakening" skill
- With some interval it throws a Golden rake (acts as normal Rake) on random line. This ability requires "Fighting" skill
- With its "Fresh Finances" skill, Pig Squash can produce coins for killing zombies
- When player unlocks its superpower skill "Earth", it creates earthquake in 3*3 radius with each hit, which deals medium damage to all zombies in this area