Pig Squash is based on a Squash and Zhu Bajie, "Pigsy" in English, from Journey to the West, a half human-half pig monster who often gets himself and his companions into trouble through his laziness, gluttony, and propensity for lusting after pretty women.
Pig Squash has following abilities:
- Its health can be increased by "Durability" skill.
- If there is a zombie close to it, Pig Squash will smash him like Squash, but survive and fall asleep. During sleep, it is unable to crush zombies. Time of sleeping can be reduced by "Awakening" skill.
- With some interval, it throws a Golden rake (which acts as normal Rake) on a random lane. This ability requires the "Rake" skill.
- With its "Money-thirst" skill, Pig Squash can produce coins for killing zombies.
- With the "Earth-shaking" skill, it creates earthquake in 3X3 radius with each hit, which dealt small amounts of damage to all zombies in that area.
Pig Squash is largely a close-ranged attacking plant. Its main attack, squashing zombies, is the exact same as that of Squash, except that it survives squashing but has to recharge after doing so. Exact strategies used with Squash can be applied here, such as grouping zombies together, but simply remember that Pig Squash can be moved onto any tile without any external assistance.
In levels with large amounts of zombies, Pig Squash can function as a money-farm, provided that "Money-thirst" is unlocked. Keep in mind that the higher-levelled the skill, the more coins are produced.
However, Pig Squash is lackluster in destroying powerful zombies, crowd-control, or ranged attacking. Its main weakness is further emphasized by the fact that it moves while squashing, leaving it vulnerable to Gargantuars. In levels with high zombie density, it may be a better idea to bring other Heroes.