Pied Piper is a basic common zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Beastly class. He costs 2 to play and has 2/1. He has the Gravestone trait, and his ability gives all plants on his lane -1/-1 when he is revealed.
His name, appearance, and ability are all references to the fairy tale called The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribes: Dancing Pet Zombie
- Trait: Gravestone
- Ability: When revealed: Plants here get -1/-1.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
He was told that playing the pipe would summon raccoons. But whatevs.
- Ability change: "When revealed: A Plant gets -1/-1." → "When revealed: Plants here get -1/-1."
- Tribe order change: Pet Dancing → Dancing Pet
Pied Piper's ability to weaken, and possibly destroy a plant is what makes him handy. It is best to place him on a lane with a plant that has 1, or 3 at most for Pied Piper to destroy it. Also, since the ability decreases stats and affects all plants in that lane, it can basically bypass Team-Up plants to destroy a frail plant behind, or Armored plants since the trait does not prevent stat reduction. If there is a dangerous plant with 1, such as Template:PvZHLink or Mushroom Ringleader, they can be easily destroyed when he is revealed.
If you manage to keep Pied Piper alive with Electric Boogaloo, he can be used in a dancing deck with Aerobics Instructor and Flamenco Zombie, since he is a dancing zombie. Pied Piper can also give boosts to Cat Lady and Zookeeper, since he is also a pet zombie.
However, Pied Piper's ability will not activate if there are no plants in his lane. Template:PvZHLink is also a big counter to this zombie.
There's not much you can do about this zombie early in the game because he hides in a gravestone. This means you will have to play Grave Buster if you want to destroy him without harm. This is extremely suggested if a gravestone appears on a lane with two plants in it.
- The last word in his description, "whatevs," is an informal way of saying, "Whatever."
- When he is revealed or activating his ability, he will play a short tune on his pipe.
- Like Bluesberry, this tune is linked with the music, and can be muted by turning off the music.