Pied Piper is a basic common zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Beastly class. He costs 2 to play and has 2/1. He has the Gravestone trait, and his ability gives all plants on his lane -1/-1 when he is revealed.
His name, appearance, and ability are all references to the fairy tale called The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribes: Dancing Pet Zombie
- Trait: Gravestone
- Ability: When revealed: Plants here get -1/-1.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
He was told that playing the pipe would summon raccoons. But whatevs.
- Ability change: "When revealed: A Plant gets -1/-1." → "When revealed: Plants here get -1/-1."
- Tribe order change: Pet Dancing → Dancing Pet
Pied Piper's ability to weaken, and possibly destroy a plant is what makes him handy. It is best to place him on a lane with a plant that has 1, or 3 at most for Pied Piper to destroy it. Also, since the ability decreases stats and affects all plants in that lane, it can basically bypass Team-Up plants to destroy a frail plant behind, or Armored plants since the trait does not prevent stat reduction. If there is a dangerous plant with 1, such as Magnifying Grass or Mushroom Ringleader, they can be easily destroyed when he is revealed.
If you manage to keep Pied Piper alive with Electric Boogaloo, he can be used in a dancing deck with Aerobics Instructor and Flamenco Zombie, since he is a dancing zombie. Pied Piper can also give boosts to Cat Lady and Zookeeper, since he is also a pet zombie.
However, Pied Piper's ability will not activate if there are no plants in his lane. Grave Buster is also a big counter to this zombie.
There's not much you can do about this zombie early in the game because he hides in a gravestone. This means you will have to play Grave Buster if you want to destroy him without harm. This is extremely suggested if a gravestone appears on a lane with two plants in it.
- The last word in his description, "whatevs," is an informal way of saying, "Whatever."
- When he is revealed or activating his ability, he will play a short tune on his pipe.
- Like Bluesberry, this tune is linked with the music, and can be muted by turning off the music.