Perfume-shroom is a mushroom and the third plant obtained in Jurassic Marsh in Plants vs. Zombies 2, and a plant exclusive to the aforementioned world. It is an instant-use plant and an environment modifier which will enchant all dinosaurs in a lane when used and make them fight on the plants' side until they leave the lawn. For more detailed information about dinosaurs and their gameplay effects when charmed, see the dinosaur article. This plant usually is only usable in Jurassic Marsh unless otherwise specified. She will cause all affected dinosaurs's eyes turning into pink hearts.
Its name is a portmanteau of "perfume," a liquid that is usually sprayed on something to provide a plesant smell and "mushroom," the fungus this is based on. In addition, its shape is a reference to a perfome sprayer, as it often squeezes its rear fungi cap to shoot perfume from the front nozzle (Almanac Idle Animation). Just like real-life perfume, the contents it spray out is volatile and vaporizes quickly, therefore affecting Pterodactyls even when they are already in flight.
One of the costumes it can have is a headwear that portrays an arrow with a heart as the tip. This is a reference to Cupid, the god of love, which in turn references to its ability to charm the dinosaurs.
|Perfume-shroom trail disappearing.|
SUN COST: 150
Perfume-shrooms enchant dinosaurs and charm them into working against the zombies.
Usage: affects all dinosaurs in a lane
Perfume-shrooms emit a pure, concentrated mist of aerosolized love.
|Sun Cost|| Recharge|
|1||0||0||150||30 seconds||20 seconds||Lane|
|2||10||1,000||150||29 seconds||19 seconds|
|3||75||5,000||150||28 seconds||18 seconds|
|4||200||10,000||150||27 seconds||17 seconds|
|5||400||20,000||125||26 seconds||16 seconds|
|6||750||30,000||125||24 seconds||15 seconds|
|7||1,000||40,000||125||22 seconds||14 seconds|
|8||1,250||50,000||125||20 seconds||13 seconds|
|9||1,500||60,000||125||18 seconds||12 seconds|
|10||2,000||75,000||100||15 seconds||10 seconds|
Note: Perfume-shroom cannot be upgraded to level 4.
While dinosaurs can be devastating when employed by the player, Perfume-shroom's long recharge time, as well as the dinosaurs' limited time on the lawn, mean that Perfume-shroom will usually be more useful for defending the lane against dangerous dinosaurs instead of fighting zombies.
Pterodactyls should be the most heavily prioritized dinosaurs for the usage of Perfume-shroom, as the backward zombies will prove to be much more dangerous than others. Ankylosauruses also should be prioritized because their knockback effects can tear through the lawn and allow zombies to get through. When dealing with raptors, it is best that Perfume-shroom is used as it walks over the second or third column from the right. By doing this, the raptor can kick away any incoming zombies very easily. Using Perfume-shroom when the raptors are far away from the right means that Primal Peashooter's knockback would give the zombies a slim chance of reaching the raptor, thus wasting the charming effect.
If possible, Imitating Perfume-shroom will be able to remedy the slow recharge problem and allows it to be used more liberally. Alternatively, using the Instant Recharge upgrade can also let the player use Perfume-shroom in a pinch, especially if two rows of dangerous dinosaurs appear at once.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Perfume-shroom.
- It is not allowed in Modern Day nor Arena even though there are dinosaurs featured in some levels.
- It is the only plant introduced in Jurassic Marsh that does not have "Primal" in its name, and the only plant not to be a reference to an already existing plant.
- While emitting perfume, the player can see that the Perfume-shroom has hearts for eyes.
- It is the only instant use plant that can be planted during Last Stand setup. This doesn't help much however.
- Perfume-shroom uses the same disappearing sound as Puff-shroom when its timer expires.
- It is currently the only plant in Jurassic Marsh that does not appear in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.
- In the Chinese version of the game, the name of its Upgrade abilities (续一秒, Extend by a second) is a nod to a Chinese internet meme known as 'moha ', a spoof or sarcasm on China's ex-president Jiang Zemin, based on rumor that a hanged boy sacrificed himself to save Jiang from severe illness. The meme is about extending his life by "1 second" through sacrificing the netizens' spare time. Cob Cannon also shares the same trait, as the case for the latter is actually way longer than a single second.