Pepper-mint is a Power Mint plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2. He sets the entire board on fire, dealing significant damage to the zombies and thawing frozen plants. Pepper-mint can also boost Pepper-mint Family plants.
Pepper-mint Family plants include:
- Jack O' Lantern
- Ghost Pepper
- Hot Potato
- Fire Peashooter
- Lava Guava
- Hot Date
- Pyre Vine
Like other Power Mints, Pepper-mint cannot be imitated or affected by other mints. He remains on the lawn for six seconds at level one.
However, the word "pepper" (specifically, the chili pepper, a vegetable commonly depicted as hot/fiery) is emphasized, hence his appearance and ability, thus making his name a portmanteau of "pepper" and "mint."
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 0
Pepper-mints set off lane-wide bursts of flame when planted and provide a temporary boost to all Pepper-mint plants on the lawn.
Pepper-mint Family plants:
Pepper-mint likes heat. He's down with flames, he digs on fire, he's a total madman for oxidization and ignition. If he sees you rubbing two sticks together, he'll come over and ask about it. He can't help himself.
When boosted by Pepper-mint, the following plants will receive the following boosts:
- Fire Peashooter's peas will receive an additional 240 DPS. Additionally, she will have a 25% chance to shoot a plasma pea when boosted, with said plasma pea receiving an additional 330 DPS (or dealing 330 DPS if she is not at level 5+). Her Plant Food effect will also receive an additional 300 DPS per tick while boosted.
- Ghost Pepper will do an additional 60 DPS while haunting zombies, and her Plant Food effect will do an additional 200 DPS per tick while haunting zombies.
- Hot Date's fiery trail will do an additional 1800 DPS.
- Hot Potato will do an additional 60 DPS (or do 60 DPS if she is at level 1) to zombies on her tile. She will also gain the ability to melt octopi from Octo Zombies if she is not at level 5+.
- Inferno's fire tornado will do an additional 48 DPS. He will also warm plants in a larger area as at level 10.
- Jack O' Lantern's range will increase to 5 tiles, he will receive an additional 550 DPS per tick, and his plant food damage will deal an additional 350 DPS per second.
- Jalapeno's damage is increased by 2400 DPS.
- Lava Guava's explosion gains an additional 600 DPS, lava tiles gain an additional 300 DPS per second and his Plant Food effect will also receive an additional 60 DPS per tick over the duration.
- Pepper-pult will warm plants in a larger area as at level 15, and his peppers' damage will increase by 200 DPS, with the splash damage also receiving an additional 40 DPS.
- Pyre Vine's flamethrower damage is increased by 130 DPS, his Plant Food's damage is increased by 2400 DPS, and the length of his flamethrower is increased to 5 tiles. He will also warm plants in a larger area as at level 10.
- Snapdragon's damage will increase to 180 DPS, and his Plant Food effect damage will increase to 4400 DPS. He will deal more damage if he is at Mastery.
Note that Pepper-mint's recharge is 30 seconds shorter during the Improve-mint event.
|Sun Cost||Recharge||Duration||Toughness||Fire Duration||Fire Damage Tick||Fire Damage per Tick|
|1||0||0||85 seconds||6 seconds||100000 dps||3.5 seconds||0.49 seconds||100 dps|
|2||100||80 seconds||7 seconds||3.5 seconds||110 dps|
|3||150||80 seconds||8 seconds||3.5 seconds||115 dps|
|4||200||75 seconds||9 seconds||4.5 seconds||120 dps|
|5||300||75 seconds||10 seconds||4.5 seconds||125 dps|
|6||400||75 seconds||11 seconds||4.5 seconds||130 dps|
|7||500||70 seconds||12 seconds||5.5 seconds||135 dps|
|8||600||70 seconds||13 seconds||5.5 seconds||140 dps|
|9||800||70 seconds||14 seconds||5.5 seconds||145 dps|
|10||1,000||60 seconds||15 seconds||6.5 seconds||150 dps|
Pepper-mint's family contains a high number of plants, so there are a variety of strategies in which Pepper-mint can be used in. In addition, most of the plants in Pepper-mint's family deal high amounts of damage, so using Pepper-mint in combination with these plants is ideal, as some of these plants deal very large amounts of damage when paired with him. For example, a boosted Lava Guava deals a massive 800 - 1200 damage per shot on eruption and 400 - 600 damage per shot on the lava tile, while other plants like Fire Peashooter and Pepper-pult deal extremely high amounts of damage. It is a poor choice to use Pepper-mint and his family plants against Imp Dragon Zombies, as they are immune to fire, rendering fire plants useless. It should also be noted that the Pepper-mint family lacks reliable splash damage output, as Snapdragon, Jack O' Lantern and Pyre Vine have a limited range, Pepper-pult has a relatively slow recharge and his splash damage is low.
Outside of this, Pepper-mint may seem like a full-board Jalapeno, but he will only do a total of 800 DPS at level one, making the instant effect act more as a softener rather than an instant-kill, unlike Bombard-mint or Jalapeno. It should also be kept in mind that Pepper-mint's boost will not activate until several seconds after he is planted.
Due to his effect however, Pepper-mint is very effective at clearing the lawn of hazards such as tombstones and octopi. He can also thaw plants very quickly in Frostbite Caves. It should be brought into levels with many tombstones, like Ancient Egypt - Day 26
It is not recommended to bring Pepper-mint to levels where you can't lose plants, as like other mints, he will disappear after a while, which counts as losing a plant.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Pepper-mint.
- Despite not being a fire plant, Ghost Pepper is in the Pepper-mint Family. This may be simply because she is a pepper, and because ghost peppers are notoriously spicy and hot/fiery.
- His fire trails are similar to Jalapeno's fire trail.
- Despite being a fire plant, Wasabi Whip is not in his family, as that plant is specialized instead in close-range melee attacks (Enforce-mint).
- Up until the 7.6.1 update, Torchwood was a part of his family, and would absorb an additional 2000 DPS when boosted by Pepper-mint. He later became part of the Appease-mint family, most likely because of his relation to peashooting plants. His boost also instead increases the damage of his newly-added burning zombies on contact and setting the entire lane on fire when eaten.
- If one exits the game when Pepper-mint's flames are burning and returns, the sprite will last until the end of the game.