- For other uses, see Peashooter (disambiguation).
Peashooter is a playable plant class in Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. He is is an Attack class who specializes in combat versatility and explosive damage, via either his primary weapon, or his Chili Bean Bomb.
Peashooters are highly versatile plant combatants. They provide plenty of explosive damage and effective against smaller targets.
Chili Bean Bomb
|Spit an explosive bean that detonates after a delay.|
|Switch to a high powered turret in a rooted position.|
|Jump higher, fire faster, and move faster.|
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning multiple vanquishes rapidly.
Reduces ability cooldown by 50% for earning multiple vanquishes.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by reviving an ally.
Reduces ability cooldown by 30% when a teammate is revived.
Spawn with more health after suffering multiple vanquishes in a row.
After dying three times in a row, spawn with the maximum amount of overhealth for the currently used class after respawning or being revived.
Gain health by earning a vanquish when at low health.
Grants 30 health upon vanquishing an enemy at low HP.
Chili Bean Bomb travels further.
Chili Bean Bomb travels 50% further.
Gain ammo when dealing critical damage with Pea Gatling.
Pea Cannon peas home towards targeted enemy.
Homing stats: (1.) Maximum lock-on distance: 25m (82.02 ft); (2.) Lock-on proximity radius: 10m (32.81 ft); (3.) Target acquire angle: 0.5
Regenerate health when near multiple enemies.
When near two enemies within a 10m radius, regenerate 4 HP every 0.5 seconds.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning a critical vanquish.
Reduces ability cooldown by 3 seconds upon critically vanquishing an enemy.
Pea Suped duration is extended by earning a vanquish while Pea Suped is active.
Enemies explode when vanquished by Pea Gatling.
Faster refresh time on Chili Bean Bomb when earning a vanquish with it.
Vanquishing an enemy with the Chili Bean Bomb speeds up its cooldown time by 3 seconds.
Move faster, except when sprinting.
Increases walking speed by 12.9032%
Deal additional damage with last pea in Pea Cannon.
Pea Cannon's last pea deals 30% more damage.
Gain health by earning a vanquish.
Grants 10 health upon vanquishing an enemy.
Earn XP faster.
Earn 10% more XP.
Use weapons and abilities faster just after sprinting.
Reduces sprint exit delay by 25%
Move faster for a short time after vanquishing an enemy.
Move 55% faster for 3 seconds after vanquishing an enemy.
Feed the Beast
Faster refresh time on all abilities when dealing damage while Pea Suped is active.
Move faster and deal additional damage for a short time after earning a vanquish streak.
Move 55% faster and deal 20% more damage for 5 seconds upon earning a vanquish streak.
One can utilize Peashooter's fast moving speed by making themself a hard target for the opponent to hit, moving side to side or by jumping a lot (Bunny Hoping) until the target is vanquished. Using Pea Suped will accomplish this task much more easily.
One needs to be careful when encountering a Peashooter as his primary weapon does a hefty 34 damage and has high splash damage which poses a risk even if you manage to avoid a direct hit. Try and keep your distance and take him out from afar, Peashooter's health is mediocre so it is only required to land a few hits to vanquish him. Stay away from tight spaces as Peashooter can deal quite a large amount of damage in a large area. The character you will need to be careful the most is the Imp with a measly health of 75 HP he can be easily vanquished by Peashooter.
Tips & Tricks
- Since Peashooter has high splash damage, one doesn't need to worry too much about accuracy, as merely firing at the opponents feet will deal them damage.
- It is possible use Pea Gatling in mid-air, combine this with Pea Suped and one can surprise the zombies with a Pea Gatling behind them.
- It’s more effective to use Chili Bean Bomb while under the effects of Pea Suped to launch it farther.
- ▲ Fixed camera not aiming properly when on the ground while Pea Suped
- ▼ New VFX to communicate Pea Gatling to enemies
- ▲ Pea Cannon direct damage increased 12.5->20.0
- ▲ Pea Cannon splash damage increased 12->14
- ▲ Reduce Pea Cannon camera recoil
- ▼ Homing Pea Upgrade has a shorter range on target acquisition
- Decreased maximum lock-on range from 50m (146.04 ft) to 25m (82.02 ft)
- Chili Bean Bomb
- ▲ Decrease refresh time 18->14.85 sec
- ▼ Refresh timer doesn’t start until explosion
- Upgrade Bean Party
- ▲ Increase refresh reduction 1->4.5 sec
- Pea Cannon
- Switch to automatic fire
- ▲ Increase blast radius 3->3.25 m
- ▲ Increase shockwave radius 3->3.25 m
- Chili Bean Bomb
- ▲ Increase blast radius 5.5->8 m
- ▼ Decrease shockwave radius 10->8.25 m
- Pea Gatling
- Allow camera manipulation during rooting animation
- ▲ Increase blast radius 2.75->4.75 m
- Pea Suped
- ▲ Fix speed multiplier not getting applied, increase speed multiplier 1->1.1x
- Upgrade Last Ditch
- Fix the issue with damage multiplier only being applied to direct damage
- ▲ Increase damage multiplier 1.3->2.76x
- ▲ Decrease equip cost 3->2
- Upgrade Homing Pea
- ▲ Increase lock distance 25->35 m
- ▲ Increase starting turn angle 15->35°
- ▼ Decrease lock angle 0.5->0.45°
- ▼ Increase time to establish lock 0->1 sec
- ▼ Increase release time 0.1->0.25 sec
- ▼ Increase equip cost 2->3
- Upgrade Explosive Gatling
- ▲ Increase blast radius 2.75->4.75 m
- Upgrade Escape Roots
- Now triggers only for hero vanquishes (Foot Soldier, All-Star, Scientist, etc)
- ▲ Removed downtime between reapplications
- ▲ Increase speed multiplier 1.3->1.5x