Peashooter is once again the first plant available in the player's seed arsenal, obtained before starting the first level. He is the only regular offensive plant that is available until Cabbage-pult is unlocked after beating Player's House - Day 5.
|Peashooter Plant Food.|
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 100
PLANT FOOD POWER: Duration
Peashooters are your first line of defense. They shoot peas at attacking zombies.
"What is it like being famous?" asked the Peashooter while sipping his bottled water, "I can't talk right now, I'm finishing my merchandising deal. Hold my fir coat."
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Peashooter now shoots three giant peas that deal 400 damage per shot, dealing a total of 1200 damage.
When boosted by Appease-mint, Peashooter will do an additional 150 DPS per pea.
|Sun Cost||Recharge (Fast)||Toughness (Typical)||Damage (Normal)||Projectile Velocity||Plant Food Power (Damage*)||Range|
|1||0||0||100||5 seconds||300 dps||20 dps||Normal||20 dps||Straight|
|2||3||50||4.5 seconds||350 dps||25 dps|
|3||10||200||4.5 seconds||400 dps||30 dps|
|4||25||1,500||4.5 seconds||450 dps||35 dps|
|5||50||2,000||75||4.5 seconds||500 dps||40 dps||+1.6x|
|6||75||3,000||4 seconds||550 dps||45 dps|
|7||100||4,000||4 seconds||600 dps||50 dps||25 dps|
|8||125||5,000||4 seconds||650 dps||55 dps|
|9||175||6,000||4 seconds||700 dps||60 dps|
|10||225||8,000||3.5 seconds||750 dps||65 dps|
|11||300||10,000||3.5 seconds||800 dps||70 dps|
|12||350||15,000||3.5 seconds||850 dps||75 dps|
|13||350||20,000||50||3.5 seconds||900 dps||80 dps||+2.2x|
|14||400||25,000||3.5 seconds||85 dps|
|15||450||30,000||3 seconds||90 dps|
|16||500||35,000||3 seconds||95 dps||30 dps|
|17||550||40,000||3 seconds||100 dps|
|18||600||45,000||25||3 seconds||105 dps|
|19||700||50,000||3 seconds||110 dps|
|20||800||55,000||2.5 seconds||110 dps|
*Per hit. Peashooter's Plant Food effect does a total of 60 hits.
- Chance to Boost
- Damage Pierce
Plants vs. Zombies Online
- Hover the image to see the full description.
Peashooter mostly functions in the same way as the first game, being a plant with not too many pros or cons. However, usage of the Zen Garden will allow just one Peashooter to dispatch even a Buckethead Zombie with little trouble. Boosted Peashooters are quite cheap and very effective against zombies. After that, dig it up with Shovel Boost to get some sun refund or leave him to stall zombies.
After the new update, plants may now level up. Once he reaches max level, the Peashooter can kill a Basic Zombie with two shots, and once in level 20 (max level for common plants) only costs 25 sun and gains lime-colored glowing peas trailing magical essence, with an approximate of 110 damage per shot.
A lane of max level Peashooters can easily overwhelm a Gargantuar of any kind. Peashooter can also work with Torchwood, meaning that it could have a damage boost. However, the peas shot by Peashooter and other similar peashooting plants could be easily blocked by Tombstones or Excavator Zombie, or reflected by Jester Zombie. You may consider using other plants to deal with them.
His true potential may be outclassed by many other plants that you obtain later on. Here are some examples:
- Snow Pea can slow down zombies (and has a chance to freeze them) at the cost of 50 more sun.
- Fire Peashooter can deal double damage per fire pea (has a chance to shoot napalm peas at a certain level) and can warm nearby plants, as well as being immune to freezing herself at the cost of 75 more sun.
- Primal Peashooter can stun/knockback enemies at the cost of a slower firing rate and 75 more sun.
- Repeater can shoot two peas and has a longer Plant Food effect
However, it is still one of the essential plants in the early game, other than Cabbage-Pult.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Peashooter.
In other languages
- He is one of the six plants seen in the trailer of Plants vs. Zombies 2 being shown fighting the zombies, the other five being Bonk Choy, Bloomerang, Pea Pod, Wall-nut, and Sunflower.
- Even though a Peashooter is the first plant obtained, it is the second seed packet in the seed selection screen and in the Almanac.
- Prior to the the 8.7.1 update, Peashooter, Sunflower and Wall-nut were the only plants whose costumes changed depending on the season.
- They were also the only plants who do not have permanent costumes. However, in the 8.7.1 update, their costumes are now made to be permanently obtainable.
- The fir coat in his Almanac entries is a play on the words "fur coat" and "fir".
- The player can see a Peashooter's pea going through his stem before he fires.
- A Peashooter's cheeks also puff up right before shooting, making it look like he actually "regurgitates" a pea and then "spits" it out instead of just shooting it.
- Its Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars description outright states that he "attacks the enemy by spitting peas".
- It might be because it seems to get its peas from the ground.
- When Plant Food was used on the Peashooter while he was wearing his 2014 Halloween costume, the mask was still visibe. This is opposed to many other plants, as their costumes disappear during their Plant Food effect.
- He does his Zen Garden watering animation in the Neon Mixtape Tour - Side Trailer, when he finished watching Cactus's performance.
- There is a bug where when a player skips the first few tutorial levels, the Peashooter will remain locked. This will skip the level upgrade tutorial.