- For other uses, see Peashooter (disambiguation).
Peashooter is a main recurring character and one of the most well-known ones within the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. Peashooter serves as the player's first line of defense against the zombies and is often the first plant the player unlocks or plays as.
Peashooter's personality and character throughout the franchise has rarely been elaborated on, with the most stated on him is his high determination and perseverance in fighting zombies, his lack of characterization is likely intentional to reflect on his role as the basic unit of attack in most games.
As of Plants vs. Zombies 3, Peashooter has appeared in every game in the Plants vs. Zombies franchise.
- 1 Origins
- 2 History
- 2.1 Plants vs. Zombies
- 2.2 Plants vs. Zombies Adventures (Archived content)
- 2.3 Plants vs. Zombies 2
- 2.4 Garden Warfare series
- 2.5 Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars (China only) (Archived content)
- 2.6 Plants vs. Zombies Heroes
- 2.7 Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
- 2.8 Plants vs. Zombies 3
- 2.9 Talkweb mini-games
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Trivia
- 5 See also
Like most other pea-shooting plants, Peashooter is based on the pea plant (Pisum sativum).
The term peashooter is normally used to refer to a toy version of a blowgun, or as a slang for small or low-caliber firearms, referring to how weak he is in the Plants vs. Zombies games (except for the Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare series).
The name also refers to the fact that Peashooter literally shoots peas.
- Main article: Peashooter (PvZ)
In the original Plants vs. Zombies game, as well as all Chinese spin-off games based on it, Peashooter is the first plant obtained upon starting the game. He attacks zombies by firing peas down his lane.
He is the only regular, long-ranged offensive plant available up until Snow Pea is unlocked after beating Level 1-6. He is the first Peashooting plant introduced, followed by plants such as Snow Pea and Repeater.
- Main article: Peashooter (PvZA)
Peashooter made a reappearance in PopCap's ill-fated Facebook game Plants vs. Zombies Adventures, where he retained his role as the player's first form of offense the player receives.
Due to the 3-dimensional style of the tower defense featured in Plants vs. Zombies Adventures, Peashooter no longer attacks in a straight line down a row, instead he is able to attack zombies one-by-one in a 5x5 area around himself.
- Main article: Peashooter (PvZ2)
In Plants vs. Zombies 2, Peashooter is once again the first plant available in the player's seed arsenal, obtained before starting the first level.
- Main article: Peashooter (PvZ: GW)
Peashooter lays a prominent role in the Garden Warfare series of shooter games, where he acts as a front line assault, or a hit and run attacker, dealing heavy splash damage with his primary weapon the Pea Cannon.
As with the other playable classes in the Garden Warfare series, he has numerous Character variants based on him, each having their own traits that differentiate them from the standard base character.
- Main article: Pea line
Peashooter appeared in the Chinese-exclusive turn-based game Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars, where he was the first plant in the Pea line. He evolved into Repeater and then into Gatling Pea. He attacked by firing one pea at an enemy per turn.
His active ability was Pea Barrage, which dealt a lot of damage to the closest enemy in his lane.
Peashooter and the Pea line as a whole also served as the flagship plant line for Brave type plants and is the first line the player unlocks in the game.
- Main article: Peashooter (PvZH)
Peashooter also appears in the turn-based mobile card game Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, where he appears as the basic 1/1 representative for the Mega-Grow class, more specifically representing the Pea tribe.
- Main article: Peashooter (PvZ: BfN)
Peashooter once again appears in the third-person shooter game Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. He is an Attack class who specializes in combat versatility and explosive damage, via either his primary weapon or his Chili Bean Bomb ability.
Unlike in the Garden Warfare series, Peashooter no longer has any Character variants but instead has a large number of character upgrades, some of which grant abilities to Peashooter's primary weapon and abilities.
- Main article: Peashooter (PvZ3)
Peashooter appears in Plants vs. Zombies 3, where he reprises his role as a straight-shooting plant that is unlocked in the first level of the game. He also acts as the flagship plant for Shooter type plants.
Peashooter also serves as the main character for the game's story, where he appears alongside other plants such as Sunflower, Wall-Nut, and Bonk Choy. This is the first time in the series where Peashooter is given a personality and dialogue.
In Plants vs. Zombies 2: Summon, it's the first attacking plant unlocked by the player, which has 10% chance of slowing a zombie by 1 second. Twopeater, its upgrade in the mentioned game, has 10% chance of dealing double damage.
Peashooter also appears in Plants vs. Zombies 2: Revenge as the first shooter being unlocked. In this game, an upgraded Peashooter has the look of a Twopeater, but is still a Peashooter according to Crazy Dave and the upgrade menu.
In Plants vs. Zombies 2: Garden, Peashooter is both the first plant to be unlocked and the first plant in the Single-target line. It can be upgraded into Twopeater.
In Plants vs. Zombies 2: League, Peashooter is the first attacking plant unlocked by player. It has 100 points in health, 6 in attack and 250 in range.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Peashooter.
- He, along with Sunflower, Wall-nut, and Potato Mine are shown as the mascots of the series, appearing in all Plants vs Zombies games, as well as in various promotional materials and merchandise.
- Many depictions of the Peashooter erroneously portray it having the back leaves of a Repeater, such as on the machine in Slot Machine and many other promotions for the game.
- He resembles Bellsprout from the Pokémon series, and Deku Scrubs from The Legend Of Zelda Series.
- He and Threepeater are the only plants that are plant pieces in Plants vs. Zombies Risk.
- Peashooter makes a cameo in Bejeweled Blitz, as a tournament "PopCap Friend" player with the score of 20000000.
- A statue of a Peashooter appears as a cameo in a Battlefield 4 map named Dawnbreaker. It is thought that this is a response to the Garden Warfare trailer, which paid homages to various trailers from FPS games, mainly Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
- Peashooter made a cameo appearance in The Superior Foes of Spider-Man when Janice Lincoln (Beetle) was playing Plants vs. Zombies on her phone during a meeting of the Sinister Six.