Pea Vine is a premium plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2, introduced in the 8.8.1 update. Just like a typical Peashooter, Pea Vine attacks zombies by firing peas (every 1.35-1.5 seconds) at the first zombie down his lane.
Being a Vine plant, Pea Vine is able to be planted on another plant in the same tile to maximize offensive output, firing peas alongside the plant inside it, as well as providing a 1.5x damage boost if the plant within him is a member of the Appease-mint family.
Projectiles shot by Pea Vine or plants boosted by Pea Vine will have a small green orb bouncing around it.
Specifically Pea Vine is based on the fact that pea plants are typically climbing vines.
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 125
Damage Multiplier: 1.5
Pea Vines planted on top of Appease-mint Family plants provide a significant damage boost to those plants.
Usage: boosts Appease-mint Family plants
Pea Vine boosts Appease-mint Family plants, and he himself is an Appease-mint Family plant, so therefore... hang on... don't tell me... I can do this. I said DON'T TELL ME.
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Pea Vine will shoot 60 peas in two seconds, similar to a Peashooter being fed Plant Food, each pea dealing the same amount of damage as a normal one. When there is a plant planted on top of Pea Vine, the plant on top will also activate its Plant Food effect.
|Sun Cost||Recharge||Toughness||Projectile Velocity||Damage*||Damage Boost|
|1||0||0||125||5 seconds||300 dps||Normal||20 dps||1.5x|
|2||50||4.5 seconds||30 dps||1.8x|
|3||100||400 dps||+1.6x||40 dps||2x|
|4||200||100||4 seconds||50 dps|
|5||300||500 dps||60 dps||2.3x|
|7||500||3.5 seconds||600 dps||+2.2x||80 dps||2.5x|
|9||800||3 seconds||900 dps||100 dps||2.8x|
|10||1,000||2.5 seconds||110 dps||3x|
*Per hit. Applies to both normal and Plant Food states.
- Chance to Boost
- Damage Pierce
At first glance, Pea Vine functions in the same way as a typical Peashooter. However, being a Vine plant, he can be planted on top of other plants to maximize offensive output, not to mention he can provide a damage boost to Appease-mint family plants. The damage boost is also applied to Pea Vine himself, and can be upgraded by level.
Torchwood, being a member of Appease-mint family, not only receives additional damage to his close-ranged and lane-wide defeat attacks, but also makes the peas that pass through him receive an extra 1.5 times damage bonus (3x at level 1). At max level, a single pea can even deal 8910 DPS with 3-5 rows of Torchwood and Pea Vine, overwhelming most zombies.
Additionally, Pea Vine's additional Mastery damage is also affected by the damage boost, and the damage boost can even affect the Plant Food effect of Pea Vine himself and the plant on top of him. Appease-mint can boost his damage boost to 4x, and the peas shot by Appease-mint himself can be affected by the damage boost. If cooperating well, a lane of max level Pea Vines can easily overwhelm a Gargantuar of any kind.
Pea Vine's weakness is the same as other peashooting or straight shooting plants, the peas shot by him could be easily blocked by Tombstones or Excavator Zombie, or reflected by Jester Zombie. Pea Vine will also be meaningless if working with Torchwood and there are Imp Dragon Zombies, or planting Red Stinger as a defensive plant (especially by planting him on the three rightmost columns). Draftodil, especially a leveled one, can be used as support as Draftodil's projectiles will stun Jester Zombies, making them temporarily vulnerable to peas, and has a chance to instantly kill Imp Dragon Zombies.
- ▼ His damage boost can now only be applied once to Torchwood per lane.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Pea Vine.
In other languages
- Due to a bug, Pea Vine did not have a unique animation for its Plant Food effect. Instead, it defaulted to the last frame used before being fed with Plant Food. This was later fixed in the 9.0.1 update.
- Due to another bug, when viewing Pea Vine's Almanac entry, his position was higher than normal. This was later fixed in the 9.0.1 update.
- Before the 8.9 update, Pea Vine was before Boom Balloon Flower in the Almanac.
- Pea Vine is the second plant that has his idling animation similar to the watered or ready to level up animation, the first being Hocus Crocus.
- Pea Vine and Mega Gatling Pea are the only plants whose Plant Food effect can be boosted by Appease-mint.
- Pea Vine can boost Tumbleweed's damage, but the small green orb around him doesn't appear. This is a glitch.
- Despite his mouth being in front, his peas can be set on fire by a Torchwood that is planted on top of him.
- Glitter Zombie can kill Power Mints on Pea Vine. This is a glitch.