Pea-nut is an offensive and defensive premium plant that appears in Plants vs. Zombies 2 while also being tied to Dark Ages Part 2. It was released on June 22, 2014, and was available for purchase for $2.99 (although there was a discount where it cost $0.99 starting July 20th). It can now be purchased for 100 gems permanently.
Pea-nut is a combination of Peashooter and Wall-nut: It can shoot peas at zombies that deal as much damage as a pea, as well as delay them with its bite-absorbing shell. However, if Pea-nut suffers from too much damage and has reached its second degrade, its fire rate will be halved (except in the Chinese version) as each head takes turns shooting peas, and the top will be bitten off.
Pea-nut is based on the real life Arachis hypogaea, a grain legume commonly known as peanut in English. Its name is also related to Pea-nut's ability: "Pea" refers to Pea-nut's ability to shoot peas like Peashooter, while "nut" relates to Pea-nut's similarity to Wall-nut, as both are defensive plants.
SUN COST: 150
Pea-nuts can shoot peas and block zombies.
Pea-nut knows that some folks have an aversion to him. He tries to be sensitive to their concerns and give them the space they need. Still, he can't help but miss the good old days - back when he was the most popular nut around.
Pea-nut absorbs 4000 DPS and its appearance changes upon at 1000, 2000 and 3000 DPS before being eaten at 4000 DPS. Pea-nut's fire rate is halved when it reaches its second degrade, as both heads take turns to fire peas, so when the top head is bitten off, it shoots peas twice as slow.
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Pea-nut will act similarly to both Peashooter and Wall-nut: It will shoot 60 peas rapidly, restores its health, and gets a metal Viking helmet that can absorb up to 8000 DPS or a smash from Gargantuar.
When boosted by Reinforce-mint, Pea-nut can absorb an additional 12000 DPS, its peas will receive an additional 110 DPS, and its plant food effect will activate.
Pea-nut gets additional armor, increasing its health.
|Sun Cost|| Recharge|
| Plant Food Power|
|1||0||0||150||15 seconds||4000 dps||20 dps||20 dps||Normal||Straight|
|2||10||1,000||150||14 seconds||4500 dps||30 dps|
|3||25||2,500||150||13 seconds||5000 dps||40 dps||25 dps||+ 1.6x|
|4||50||5,000||125||12 seconds||6000 dps||50 dps|
|5||100||10,000||125||10 seconds||7000 dps||60 dps|
|6||200||20,000||125||9 seconds||8000 dps||70 dps|
|7||400||30,000||100||8 seconds||9000 dps||80 dps||30 dps||+ 2.2x|
|8||800||50,000||100||7 seconds||10000 dps||90 dps|
|9||1,200||75,000||100||6 seconds||11000 dps||100 dps|
|10||1,600||100,000||75||5 seconds||12000 dps||110 dps|
Pea-nut is a special plant that has both offensive and defensive capabilities, costing and doing a similar job as a Peashooter and Wall-nut set. While neither its offensive nor defensive capabilities are stellar for its price tag of 150 sun, Pea-nut is a useful plant if the player wishes to combine offense and defense into a single plant. Pea-nut also benefits from its relatively fast recharge for a defensive plant, allowing the player to set up defensive lines more quickly earlier in the level, as well as repair defense later on. Furthermore, it takes up less space than a Peashooter and a Wall-nut, therefore allowing more space for other defensive plants.
Thanks to its health, Pea-nut is useful against ambushes that can send zombies deep into the player's defenses, as well as Imps deployed by Imp Cannons and Gargantuars. Torchwood can also be used to boost Pea-nut's offensive potential, although this is often counterproductive as Torchwood will have to be placed on the front line to utilize its ability. Using Aloe with this plant can also help, especially since Aloe can heal Pea-nut back to two heads, meaning it can shoot regularly again.
However, many zombies can overwhelm this plant. Major hordes of zombies alone will make Pea-nut do poor work. This is mainly due to it shooting one projectile at a time. Its peas do very weak damage, so relying on this plant alone will do no good. Additionally, Kiwibeast does a much better job at defending and attacking than Pea-nut. However, Kiwibeast must be eaten to do more damage, so for levels such as Neon Mixtape Tour, Pea-nut may be more suitable.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Pea-nut.
- In its third and last degrade it appears to drop itself slightly to its left then right itself up again.
- Before the 3.2 update, it could absorb 20 bites before dying, degrading at 5, 10 and 15 bites.
- It is the only peashooting plant that can shoot at shrunken zombies while they are in the water, because of its lower head.
- It is the only peashooting plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2 that does not resemble anything related to peas, but instead, a peanut.
- Prior to version 2.8, Wall-nut First Aid would not work on its second degrade.
- In the Chinese version, its green pea projectiles are replaced with peanuts, complete with their own sprites and animation. Peanuts behave identically to normal peas and can be ignited by Torchwood,
- It is featured for free in Dark Ages - Nights 13, 18, and 20.
- Its costume is similar to Fisherman Zombie's rubber ring.
- However, this will not allow it to float on water the way Fisherman Zombie does.
- On March 16, 2017, it became one of 5 premium plants to be permanently purchasable with 100 gems, along with Squash, Jalapeno, Hypno-shroom and Shrinking Violet.