Party Rose is a Legendary Rose variant in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. When the Party Rose gets enough vanquishes in a session, she will enter Party Time!, which makes her move faster and deal higher damage, similar to the Computer Scientist's Crunch Mode.
The Party Rose cannot be unlocked through normal methods, which are sticker packs (excluding the Infinity Packs). Instead, the player must open Infinite Infinity Chests in Infinity Time to get her stickers, and that means he or she has to collect at least 25,000 Time Shards in that mode to have a chance at unlocking her.
There's never a dull moment when Party Rose comes around. Her Party Thistle fireworks routinely keep the Plant forces partying well past their bedtimes.
Vanquish foes to fill her meter and initiate Party Time, where you'll move quicker and deal extra damage!
The Party Rose's primary weapon is called called Party Thistles.
- The damage at all ranges is 9.
- The ammo clip is 18.
- The reload time is 2 seconds
- The projectile speed is slow
- The weapon is full-auto
- The bloom is low
- The weapon has a homing effect that can lock on an enemy.
- The weapon has a legendary meter called "Party Time!" which is activated once the player gets 5 vanquishes in a row.
- The Party Time! damage is 11.
Places a Time Snare on the ground which creates a large red cloud, and slows down all Zombies who are caught in it, leaving them slow and easy to take out for a few seconds.
Turns Rose into pure energy, making her immune to damage and allows her to deal a small amount of damage to nearby zombies.
Transforms any Zombies hit by it into Stinky Goats, which leaves them practically defenseless, possessing nothing but a unique ramming attack. If these Goatified zombies are hurt enough or a certain amount of time passes, they turn back to their original form. It is worth noting that the Rose can transform multiple zombies per spell if it hits more than one.
An alternate ability to Arcane Enigma, Arcane Lotus turns Rose into pure, healing energy, which makes her immune to damage and heals nearby Plants for 4 HP rapidly and continuously. It can only be bought from Rux's Bazaar.
An alternate ability to Goatify, Psychedelic Goat turns Zombies into purple goats with headbands. Although Zombies hit by this do not stay a goat for as long, it is much harder for the Goatified Zombies to control their goat.
Party Time! is the variant ability for Party Rose. By getting Vanquishes, the bar for Party Time! fills up. When the meter is filled up, Party Time! activates (giving Party Rose a temporary speed and damage boost until the bar either depletes or until she is vanquished). If Party Rose is Vanquished before the meter is filled, the meter will reset.
Party Rose benefits greatly from being a Party Variant, as she deals only 1 less damage than her stock counterpart, but has 2 less ammo. Considering how strong her stock counterpart already is, she can be one of the strongest Plants in the game. Party Rose appreciates the damage bonus and the speed bonus provided by "Party Time!" as it will be very easy to achieve this mode, whether against the AI or against players, since its damage output is strong until then. A strategy to achieve the Party Time is vanquishing one zombie at a time or hide if low on health. Use spells when in danger. Using Arcane Enigma during "Party Time!" stops and resets the meter. Due to Party Rose's low ammo capacity, it can be quite difficult for some players to vanquish high health Zombies (All-Star, Super Brainz). Try to aim at weaker Zombies like the Imp and Scientist.
Zombies should be very cautious around the Party Rose, as her homing attacks make it very easy for her to vanquish you. She also has a stun, an Escape, and a debuff if any Zombie tries to get close. Try to avoid contact with her if she is in "Party Time!", as the buffs she gets from the ability make it hard to take her out. She is rare in multiplayer, but as always, avoid her spells and you will have less of an issue dealing with her. Ice variants are very effective counters to Party Rose due to the fact that projectiles fired by them can slow and eventually freeze her in place (making it easier for you to finish her off).
- ▼ Reduced Rose health from 125-100
- ▼ Decreased the magazine capacity from 20 to 18
- ▼ Reduced weapon damage from 10.5 to 7.5
- ▼ Reduced Party Time! damage from 15 to 11
- ▼ Decreased rate of fire by 10%
- ▼ Decreased maximum turn angle for projectiles from 45 degrees to 40 degrees
- Changed the way the projectiles look
- ▼ Reduced weapon homing
- ▲ Increased maximum tracking angle by 5 degrees
- ▲ Increased lock-on distance by 5m
- ▲ Slightly increased reticle to target lock-on angle
- ▲ Shared Vanquishes count towards Party Time
- ▲ Increased Party Thistles damage from 7.5 - 9.5
- ▼ Reduced Party Time! Damage multiplier from 1.5x to 1.25x
March 2018 Patch
- ▼ Reduced Party Thistles damage from 9.5 to 8.5
- ▲ Increased effectiveness of damage upgrade from 1.1x to 1.2x
- When Party Time! is activated, the ballad jam played by the Boombox Zombie in Plants vs. Zombies 2 is played.
- Just like the normal Rose, her sound effect when she shot continuously was changed from an ascending tone to a descending tone in the Trials of Gnomus DLC.
- Party Time! will end if she enters Arcane Enigma or Arcane Lotus.
- She is implied to be one of the three agents who got sucked into infinity in the mid-1980s, according to the Dave-bot 3000.1.