Party Corn is a Legendary Kernel Corn variant in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. Like with other "Party" variants, when Party Corn gets enough vanquishes in a session, he will enter Party Time!, which makes him move faster and deal higher damage.
However, like other party variants, Party Corn's stickers cannot be obtained through sticker packs (excluding Infinity Packs), but instead the player must open Eternity Chests in Infinity Time to obtain the stickers to unlock him, meaning the player must get 25,000 Time Shards or more to have a chance at unlocking him. Like all Legendary variants, only two stickers are required to unlock him. He does 8-10 damage in Party Time! Normally, he does 5-7 damage.
Party Corn was deep undercover, investigating a particularly raucous celebration when he heard about the Battle of Zomburbia. With no time to change out of his party garb, he sprang into action, Party Busters at the ready.
Vanquish foes to fill his meter and initiate Party Time, where you'll move faster and deal extra damage!
|Butter Barrage||Kernel Corn tosses a Hot Potato. A massive amount of butter is deployed from the sky in an "x" shape wherever the Hot Potato lands. After a (very) short amount of time, the pieces of butter detonate dealing damage to all zombies caught in the explosions.|
|Bigger Better Butter||Revealed in a live stream, it is the alternative ability to the Butter Barrage. Kernel Corn tosses a Hot Potato, but instead of multiple pieces of butter being fired, one giant piece of butter falls from the sky. it deals 200 damage. If it lands on an enemy zombie, it inflicts an extra 20 damage to that Zombie, as well as paralyzes it. The AOE is about the same as the Butter Barrage, but deals one heap of instant damage when it explodes (Butter Barrage has multiple explosions).|
|Husk Hop||Kernel Corn leaps into the air in a straight line while firing his Cob Busters directly below him, damaging all targets below him.|
|Shuck Shot||Similar to ZPG, Kernel Corn fires two big cobs straight in front of him (each one dealing 125 damage). It does massive damage and is capable of instantly vanquishing anything it hits (except for Z-Mechs), if the cobs manage to score a direct hit.|
|Multi-Shuck||The Multi-Shuck fires 6 corns that deal 26, 30, 25, 20, 15, 15, 10, 22 and 20 damage for a total of up to 183 damage, but the projectiles are spread apart a lot. Like the Shuck Shot, the Multi-Shuck takes 24 seconds to recharge.|
As a Party Corn, be aware that your primary weapon fire is slightly weaker than the default Kernel Corn's primary weapon fire. The difference in damage is small, but noticeable. Play this Corn as you would the default one. Spray your weapon into zombies at close to long range, throw your Butter Barrage into groups of Zombies, Shuck Shot still or approaching targets and Husk Hop Zombies that come too close. Vanquish any AI zombies and Zombie turrets you come accross as they fill up your Legendary meter. Be careful, as getting vanquished and then respawning resets the meter. Counter this by staying near a Sunflower (that you know will probably revive you). During "Party Time!", you will take less damage, inflict more damage and move faster. This doesn't mean that you are invincible. Move unpredictably to make it difficult for enemies to shoot you.
A Party Corn that isn't in "Party Time!" is much less of a threat compared to the stock Corn, the Kernel Corn. His reduced base damage makes him much safer to approach and engage. Be aware that he still has his Husk Hop and Shuck Shot abilities to defend himself with. This Corn is most dangerous when he enters "Party Time!". The damage reduction along with the increased movement speed make it very difficult to vanquish him. Try to take him out before he gets it. Like most big characters in this game, Party Corn is weak against Ice variants of Zombies.
- Changed how projectile looks
- ▼ Reduced Party Corn's damage output
- ▲ Increased magazine capacity by 5
- ▲ Increased long range damage from 3.5 - 4.5
- ▲ Increased damage falloff start distance from 10m to 20m
- ▲ Reduced reticle bloom
- ▲ Increased accuracy slightly
- ▲ Increased start/end damage from 5.5/4.5 – 6/5
- ▲ Reduced damage falloff start/end distance 20/30 – 15/25
- ▲ Shared Vanquishes count towards Party Time
- ▲ Increased Party Busters damage from 6 - 7.5 (close range) and 5 - 6.5 (long range)
- ▼ Decreased effectiveness of damage upgrade from 1.2 - 1.15
- ▼ Reduced Party Time! damage multiplier from 1.5x to 1.25x
- When "Party Time!" is activated, the metal jam plays.
- Similar to many other Legendary variants, he is eighties-themed.
- Despite being shown with a cereal bowl on his neck in the Stickerbook, he does not have one in gameplay.
- The said cereal bowl is known as the "Soggy Cereal" Customization.
- He has the same character model as BBQ Corn, however he is styled differently.
- He is implied to be one of the three agents who got sucked into infinity in the mid-1980s.
- When the "Mission IMP-ossible" event was availabile in the Super Mix Mode, he and Party Imp caused the game to lag if the player played as one of them in the aforementioned event.
- They were soon removed from the event's roster.
- This also happened during the Boogie Down Brawl Super Mixed Mode.