Party Citron is the Legendary Party variant of Citron in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. Like other Party variants, Party Citron has a Legendary ability named Party Time! which is activated if Party Citron gains enough vanquishes. While Party Time! is activated, Party Citron gains a massive speed and damage boost. Like all of the other Legendary variants, it only takes two stickers to unlock Party Citron.
However, like other party variants, Party Citron's stickers cannot be found in sticker packs (excluding Infinity Packs). Instead, the player must instead open Eternity Chests in Infinity Time to find stickers to unlock him. The player must collect at least 25,000 Time Shards to have a chance at unlocking him, or by buying a character sticker from Rux's Bazaar.
Party Citron partied so hard that he ripped open the very fabric of time and was sent back to the Battle of Zomburbia. If he has any hope of getting home, he'll have to party harder than he's ever partied before.
Vanquish foes to fill his meter and initiate Party Time, where you'll move quicker and deal extra damage!
The Party Citron's primary weapon is the Party Laser. It fires a beam that does 4 damage on a direct hit at long range, and 11 damage on a direct hit at close range. The beam also does 2 splash damage. The Party Laser's damage increases a small amount during "Party Time!".
While in Assault Mode
|More than just a robotic peach with a cute name, the EMPeach has been specially designed to stun Zombies, and especially Z-Mechs!|
|Who wouldn't want to transform into a ball and roll past all of life's problems? The Citron doesn't just roll, he dashes into foes and rolls with super speed and super style.|
Party Citron Ball
|The Party Ball is just the average Citron Ball we all know and love, but with 110% more party!|
|Harnessing cutting edge bio-citronics, the Peel Shield absorbs all incoming damage while still allowing you to shoot through it!|
|Stronger than its Peel Shield counterpart, this shield can withstand more incoming damage, but has a much shorter duration. It also changes color so you know when it's almost destroyed!|
While in Citron Ball
|Activate futuristic ball technology to temporarily increase your movement speed and jump capabilities!|
|Citron goes back into his normal form, allowing Citron to shoot again, and replacing Hyper Ball and Spin Dash with EMPeach and Peel Shield.|
|Charge, then launch yourself at your enemies to inflict big damage!|
Party Citron benefits the most from being a Party Variant, as his damage outside of "Party Time!" is already greater than his stock counterpart, making him a very dangerous threat at close range. A big bonus from "Party Time!" is that he becomes incredibly fast when he uses his Hyper Ball ability, arguably becoming one of the fastest characters in the game. Party Citron's ability to get in and out of the action makes him a great choice for pushing objectives. Yes the Citron class is able to hold it's ground the longest out of the plants, but that doesn't make it invincible. Try to travel with other plants to increase your chances of surviving long enough to fill your legendary meter. At close range, characters such as the Engineer, the All-Star and Super Brainz (their variants included) can be vanquished with great ease due to their size. Try to focus your aim on them during your fights. If you are skilled enough, Party Citron can vanquish Imps incredibly fast. Don't go for them unless you are confident that you won't miss your attacks.
Party Citron is a tough character to beat solo. Imps that aren't in their mechs are very effective counters to Party Citron. As an Imp, your small size makes it very difficult for plants to hit you. This fact is especially noticeable when fighting most Citron players. If you happen to encounter a Party Citron, chuck a Gravity Grenade at it, then follow up with your primary fire. If you don't manage to vanquish Party Citron while he is trapped, activate you Imptaka ability to finish him off. As a bigger Zombie, Party Citron has a much better time landing hits on you. Try to throw off his aim by jumping around while attacking him (Unless you are an All-Star or Super Brainz). Try to vanquish him at a distance as Party Citron is only a real threat at close range. His large size means that landing hits on him should be easy. Ice variants of any Zombie character are especially effective against Party Citron.
- ▼ Reduced the Party Laser's close range damage from 5 to 3.5 - long range damage from 3.5 to 2.5
- ▼ Reduced the Party Laser's splash damage from 5 - 4
- Changed the Party Laser's appearance
- ▲ Made bone-collision changes to reduce size of Citron’s critical hit area
- ▲ Citron can now fire sooner after coming out of Ball Form
- ▲ Removed movement speed penalty from transition into and out of Citron Ball Form Mode
- ▼ Decreased damage falloff start/end distance from 25/35 - 10/20
- ▼ Decreased inner blast radius from 1.25 - .49
- ▼ Decreased outer blast radius from 1.26 - 0.5
- ▲ Shared Vanquishes count towards Party Time
- ▲ Increased Party Laser damage from 3.5 - 6 (close range), 2.5 - 3.5 (long range), and 4 - 5 (splash damage)
- ▼ Reduced Party Time damage multiplier from 1.5x - 1.25x
- ▼ Decreased the Party Laser's long range direct damage from 8 - 4
- ▼ Decreased the Party Laser's splash damage from 5 - 2
- He, along with Captain Partyman, are the only Party variants to be nerfed after the Graveyard Variety Pack DLC as of now.
- While "Party Time!" is active, the rap jam is played.
- Similar to many other party variants, he is eighties-themed.
- He also has the same character model as Electro Citron, however just styled differently.
- He is implied to be one of the three agents who got sucked into Infinity Time during the mid-1980s.
- His Citron Ball form resembles a disco ball, but it is not white and flash, it is green, purple and pink.
- It also resembles that of Electro Citron's Ball form.
- He is the only Citron variant with a different ball form, being the Party Citron Ball instead of Citron Ball.
- He is the only Citron variant to not have any unique tattoos.
- Before the Graveyard Variety Pack DLC, his laser looked the exact same as the Orange Beam (Citron's laser).
- He is the only Citron that has a laser whose primary weapon name doesn't end with Beam. The reason for so is because the Party Beam is already taken by Party Brainz.