Parrot Pal is an ability for Captain Deadbeard in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 and Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. It is similar to the Garlic Drone and Zombot Drone. It has 5 health, and is armed with the Parrot Pulse as its primary weapon. It can also deploy an airstrike named Eggsplosion, which deploys all explosives at once rather than one after another like the Cone Strike.
Garden Warfare 2
Who ever heard of a pirate without a parrot? Take to the skies with your Parrot Pulse, or lay waste to those below with some tricky Eggsplosions.
Battle for Neighborville
Control a flying Parrot Drone.
Parrot Drones deal moderate damage, but they have very little health. To survive, keep moving and stay a safe distance away from opponents.
|Propels the drone downwards.|
|Calls in an exploding egg airstrike, dealing heavy damage to any plant in its radius.|
|Propels the drone upwards.|
|Launch a two-stage explosive to carpet bomb an area.|
January 2016 patch
- ▼ Parrot Pal's cooldown no longer resets upon death. Instead, it continues recharging from where it was.
August 2016 patch
- ▼ Parrot Pal's health was decreased from 20 to 5 so that it could be more similar to the Cactus' Garlic Drone.
Reduced overheat for Parrot Pulse weapon.
Each shot reduces the overheat percentage by 1.333333 percentage points.
Faster refresh time of Eggsplosion by dealing critical damage with Parrot Pal.
Every 4 critical hits with Parrot Pal reduces Eggsplosion's cooldown timer by up to 4 seconds.
- See Zombot Drone, as both are similar.
In other languages
|Brazilian Portuguese||Papagaio de Pirata|
- It bears a resemblance of the Pirate Captain Zombie's Zombie Parrot in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- However, the parrot in this game seems to be mostly, if not all, machine.
- When this ability is used, Captain Deadbeard will be seen holding a map until the Parrot Pal is destroyed, similarly to how the Engineer used a remote control for his Zombot Drone until it is destroyed.
- In the animated trailer of Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, a Parrot Pal is shot down by Citron, despite it not making an official appearance in that game.
- In Captain Deadbeard's concept art, however, Parrot Pal was shown perched on his hat.
- This image is also on his card and several promotional images.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
- The Parrot Pal acts as the replacement for the Engineer's Zombot Drone in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 as a drone for the zombies' side.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
- Both its descriptions are very similar to the Garlic Drone's descriptions.
- Both descriptions also erroneously refer to the Parrot Pal as the "Parrot Drone".