Ox-Demon King Zombot differs from all other bosses in the franchise in that it has three stages of battle, between which the player can choose new plants. With the first stage, the player fights at night, with the second at dawn, with the third at day (at the same time, the surrounding world turns into a heavenly palace). The boss also has the following abilities:
- Summons zombies by dropping them down with the Zombot's hand.
- Places a fireball similar to a Zombot's fireball, which can be destroyed by an Ice-shroom. In Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition he can also create iceball.
- Launches a rocket (from the leg in the first two stages and from the cannon on the head in the third). Before the rocket lands on the target plant, a target appears, as before a Bungee Zombie attack, after which the rocket destroys the plant and the Flower Pot that it landed on, starts blinking for a while, and then explodes, destroying all plants in a 3x3 radius. This is a very destructive ability, but an Umbrella Leaf can repel a flying rocket. Landed rocket is impossible to destroy.
- Waving his Iron Fan, summoning three Bungee Zombies. The ability is similar to that of Zombot.
- On the third stage, he can shoot a laser beam from the eyes, which also destroys all the plants on the line.