Oak Archer (橡木弓手; pinyin: xiàngmù gōngshǒu) is a plant that appears in both the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 and Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West. He shoots oak arrows at Zombies, which deal heavy damage.
Oak Archer's based on the stump of an oak tree.
His name comes from "oak", the plant he's based on and "archer", the person specialized in archery, referencing his ability to shoot arrows.
In Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, he was a store bought plant which could be purchased with 180 gems and couldn't be imitated. He shot arrows at zombies, these arrows dealt more damage than Peashooters peas but couldn't be set on fire by Torchwood. He could also randomly do a special attack, firing multiple arrows into the air which hit all zombies on screen.
In the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2, Oak Archer is a Rare plant found in Dark Ages. He shoots oak arrows at zombies, these arrows deal 130 damage per shot and cannot be reflected by Jester Zombie.
Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West
Fires arrows to attack oncoming zombies
Normal Attack Range: straight
Normal Attack Damage: heavy
Special Attack Range: full board
Special Attack Damage: normal
Oak Archer broke many of his neighbors' windows when he was young. He was punished by his father because of that. His diary has the words "Zombie knee: 998/10000" written on the very last page.
Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)
橡木弓手 (Oak Archer)
Sun cost: 275
Oak Archers can shoot powerful arrows at zombies.
Plant feature: brown plant
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Oak Archer rains down many arrows on all zombies on screen, with each arrow dealing 300 damage per shot.
Oak Archer rains down glowing arrows that deal 450 damage per shot.
Later, he can mow zombies with extra arrows in extra lanes, giving it the ability to pierce multiple zombies. Pairing this with Winter Melons or other supportive and defensive plants is recommended as the damage will add up.
Oak Archer is a great plant to bring into levels but practice caution when using it in Kongfu World since Hammer Zombie can reflect it. Be sure to bring an area-of-effect or lobbed-shot plant to back it up.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Oak Archer.
- He is the only wooden plant to specify what kind of wood it is.
- His Almanac entry alludes to the Skyrim meme Arrow in the knee.
- Nunchaku Zombie's Almanac entry also references this meme.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)
- His projectiles use the splash effect caused by peas.
- This could mean his wooden arrows are re-textured peas, similar to how Guacodile's pits are re-textured peas.
- He,Coconut Cannon, Bowling Bulb, and Guacodile are the only plants to have a Brain Buster created exclusively for them, not counting Special Delivery.
- His own Brain Buster is called Oak Archery.
- His projectiles cannot be returned by Jester Zombie.
- Prior to the 1.3.2 update, Hammer Zombies couldn't return its projectiles.
- He, Coffee Bean and Plantern are the only Chinese-exclusive plants in Dark Ages.
- On the Almanac, Oak Archer appears to have his stump off the tile.