Nut Wujing is based on a Wall-nut and Sha Wujing from Journey to the West, a man-eating sand demon who was originally a general in Heaven, but was banished after destroying a valuable vase in a fit of rage.
Its design is specifically based on Sha Wujing's appearance before he was banished.
Nut Wujing has following abilities:
- Its health can be increased by "Endurance" skill.
- Its "Rebound" skill allows it to return the zombie that eats it, part of the damage received.
- When it is not eaten by zombies, it quickly regenerates if the "Rest" skill is unlocked.
- If its "Firm" skill is unlocked, it increases health of all Nut plants on field.
- With "Burst" skill, when Nut Wujing has low health, it rolls down the lane, like Wall-Nut in Wall-Nut Bowling, killing almost any zombie on its path, and when reappears at its original location.