Nut Wujing (沙僧坚果; pinyn: Shā Sēng jiānguǒ) was a plant in Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West. It was one of the Hero Plants. It absorbed 288 bites and healed itself very quickly when no zombies were eating it. It dealt damage to the closest zombie eating him, similar to Endurian. It could be moved anywhere, even above water.
Nut Wujing is based on a Wall-nut and Sha Wujing from Journey to the West, a man-eating sand demon who was originally a general in Heaven, but was banished after destroying a valuable vase in a fit of rage.
Its design is specifically based on Sha Wujing's appearance before he was banished.
Nut Wujing has following abilities:
- As any other hero, it can be moved by swiping a finger from its location to the desired cell. Hero Plants can be placed everywhere, except cracks in ground in Outsmart the Fire Child levels and uncovered earth in Battle of the Ox-Demon.
- If Hero Plant placed on other plant, it desactivates (except Oxygen Algae ability). As any other hero, Nut Wujing, if chosen, present on the central cell of the lawn from the very beginning of the level. If zombies kill it, it is absent for some time on the field, after which it is reborn in the original place. Also its health can be increased by "Endurance" skill
- Its "Rebound" skill allows it to return the zombie that eats it, part of the damage received
- When it is not eaten by zombies, it quickly regenerates if the "growth" skill is unlocked
- If its "Firm" skill is unlocked, it increases health of all Nut plants on field
- Its superpower is "Burst". When Nut Wujing has low health, it rolls down the lane, like Wall-Nut in Wall-Nut Bowling, killing almost any zombie on its path, and when reappears at original place
- Its fourth skill is pun on word "坚", which means "Firm" and "Strong"