Excels at stealth and mobility. Use Shadow Sneak to get in and out of combat, or setup a knockout blow with Fung Fu.
Night Cap's primary weapon is the Spore Strike, Night Cap throws piercing blades that deal 18 damage each at a rate of 200 RPM (rounds per minute). She can throw 20 before having to reload.
|Damage (DPS)||Rate of fire||Projectile speed||Projectile gravity|
|200 RPM||225 m/s|
|Hide allies and restrict enemy movement in the shadow dome.|
|Repeatedly strike nearby enemies for massive damage.|
|Disappear and move swiftly.|
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning multiple vanquishes rapidly.
Reduces ability cooldown by 50% for earning multiple vanquishes.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by reviving an ally.
Reduces ability cooldown by 30% when a teammate is revived.
Spawn with more health after suffering multiple vanquishes in a row.
After dying three times in a row, spawn with the maximum amount of overhealth for the currently used class after respawning or being revived.
Gain health by earning a vanquish when at low health.
Grants 30 health upon vanquishing an enemy at low HP.
Allies revive faster while within Casting Shadows.
Reduces the time to revive an ally by half when inside Casting Shadows.
Move faster for a short time after exiting Shadow Sneak.
Increases movement speed by 80% for 2 seconds upon exiting Shadow Sneak.
Gain Spore Strike ammo by dealing damage to multiple enemies with a single attack.
Adds 4 rounds to Spore Strike upon hitting at least two enemies with a single attack.
Regenerate health when near multiple enemies.
When near two enemies within a 10m radius, regenerate 4 HP every 0.5 seconds.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning a critical vanquish.
Reduces ability cooldown by 3 seconds upon critically vanquishing an enemy.
Faster movement speed during second air jump.
Move backwards 20% faster or sideways 40% faster during second jump. This upgrade does not affect the forward movement speed.
Longer Shadow Sneak duration for a short time by earning a Vanquish.
Increases Shadow Sneak's duration by 50% upon vanquishing an enemy.
Move faster and gain ability to jump while Fung Fu is active.
Increases movement speed by 42.8571% and gain ability to jump while using Fung Fu.
Spore Strikes move faster.
Increases Spore Strike's projectile speed by 100%.
Move faster, except when sprinting.
Increases walking speed by 12.9032%
Gain health by earning a vanquish.
Grants 10 health upon vanquishing an enemy.
Earn XP faster.
Earn 10% more XP.
Use weapons and abilities faster just after sprinting.
Reduces sprint exit delay by 25%
Takes reduced damage when invisible.
Reduces the damage taken when invisible by 20%.
Enemies get knocked up into the air during Fung Fu.
Fung Fu knocks enemies 1.2m (3.94 ft) upward.
Night Cap excels at stealth and mobility. Use Shadow Sneak to get in near an enemy, then take them down quickly by using Spore Strike, or go for a fast close-ranged kill with Fung Fu. Against large groups, Spore Strike can go through multiple enemies, hitting them all at once. If you lose too much health, use Shadow Sneak to retreat. If it is currently unavailable, quickly sprint away and jump around, so your opponents can't hit you, as you are a small, moving target.
Night Cap can also be good for support. Use Casting Shadows to help your team revive fallen allies without being seen, or to help you capture a zone. Casting Shadows can also be used to trap Zombies within it, allowing for an easy vanquish with Fung Fu. While inside Casting Shadows, enemies are vulnerable to Peashooter's Chili Bean Bomb, Oak's Roll for Damage and Super Sap Trap, Acorn's Sap Trap, or an other form of damage. Night Cap's high rate of fire can also make her a great defender at close quarters, or can be used to quickly destroy Super Brainz's Alpha Better Shield.
Night Cap is small and jumpy, so Engineer's splash damage can take her down fairly easily, especially when combined with Heavy Helper to let him fire very quickly. If the Night Cap uses Shadow Sneak to try to escape, the Soldier's Stink Cloud could be useful to potentially hurt the Night Cap and maybe even confuse it. Soldiers can also use there ZPGs to do damage, as they deal splash damage. Scientists can Warp around to dodge the Night Cap's attacks.
- ▼ Add delay on all ability activations after exiting Shadow Sneak 0->0.6s
- ▼ Reactivate delay for Shadow Sneak increased 1.5->2.0s
- ▼ Refresh time for Shadow Sneak 12->14s
- ▼ Total damage of Fung Fu reduced from 210->150
- ▼ Reduce number of times damage is applied with Fung Fu 7 crit and 19 regular->6 crit and 15 regular
- ▼ Final blow damage for Fung Fu reduced from 40->24
- ▼ Final blow area for Fung Fu reduced 5->3m
- ▼ Jump disabled during windup phase of Fung Fu
- ▼ Follow through time before other abilities can be activated after using Fung Fu extended 0.4->1.1s
- ▲ Removed delay after button input of Fung Fu
- ▲ Fixed issue with not being able to jump during Fung Fu with the Fleet Footed upgrade
- ▲ Spore Strike damage increased 12.24->17
- ▲ Spore Strike ammo capacity increased 16->20
- Spore Strike
- ▲ Increased projectile speed from 225 m/s (738.19 ft/s) to 300 m/s (984.25 ft/s)
- Casting Shadows
- Fix issue with aiming not being allowed when inside Casting Shadows area of effect
- ▼ Decrease push force applied 2.0->1.5
- ▼ Decrease aim modifier 0.7->0.8x
- Adjust trajectory to be more center screen aligned
- Upgrade Parkour
- ▼ Decrease strafe speed multiplier 1.84->1.4x
- ▼ Decrease backpedal speed multiplier 1.84->1.2x
- Shadow Sling
- ▼ Decrease speed multiplier 1.8->1.4x
- ▼ Decrease active duraton 2->1.5 sec
- ▲ Increase out duration 1->1.5 sec
May 2020 patch
- Spore Strike
- ▲ Increase damage 17->18
- ▼ Decrease width of projectile 0.95->0.5 m
- ▼ Decrease dispersion, angle increase per shot 3.6->3.2
- Fung Fu
- ▲ Increase final blow blast radius 3.2->4 m
- ▼ Decrease final blow shockwave radius 7->4.25 m
- ▼ Decrease windup duration 1.25->0.8 sec
- ▲ Increase speed multiplier 0.8->0.9x
- ▲ Increase radius of crit damage area 3.2->4.5 m
- ▼ Decrease gravity multiplier 0.5->0.8x