Nec'Rose is a Super Rare variant of Rose in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 which was added in the Frontline Fighters DLC. Her special ability is that she can charge up her weapon and "jinx" the zombie that gets hit by the charged shot. That zombie is then debuffed and will take 70% more damage.
"Nec'Rose wields the energy of vanquished plants through an ancient art known as necro-plant-cy by which she renders the defenses of zombies useless. She also likes smoothies, long walks on the beach, and her favorite color is purple."
Nec'Rose can 'jinx' Zombies with a charged up shot, causing them to take extra damage!
Nec'Rose's primary weapon is the Staff of Jinxing. It is a chargeable and semi automatic weapon that deals 7.5 damage if uncharged and 15 damage if charged. A charged shot takes away four ammo from her clip. If the zombie is hit with a charged shot, the zombie will be "jinxed," causing it to take 40% extra damage.
Places a Time Snare on the ground which creates a large red cloud, and slows down all Zombies who are caught in it, leaving them slow and easy to take out for a few seconds.
Turns Rose into pure energy, making her immune to damage and allows her to deal a small amount of damage to nearby zombies.
Transforms any Zombies hit by it into Stinky Goats, which leaves them practically defenseless, possessing nothing but a unique ramming attack. If these Goatified zombies are hurt enough or a certain amount of time passes, they turn back to their original form. It is worth noting that the Rose can transform multiple zombies per spell if it hits more than one.
An alternate ability to Arcane Enigma, Arcane Lotus turns Rose into pure, healing energy, which makes her immune to damage and heals nearby Plants for 4 HP rapidly and continuously. It can only be bought from Rux's Bazaar.
An alternate ability to Goatify, Psychedelic Goat turns Zombies into purple goats with headbands. Although Zombies hit by this do not stay a goat for as long, it is much harder for the Goatified Zombies to control their goat.
Like most Roses, Nec'Rose makes a great assist class. Though the Nec'Rose's damage when fully charged only does 15 damage, it makes them extremely vulnerable. It is advised to stay near a group of plants and do what you do best. Charge up and strike a zombie. Do this because Nec'Rose's fully charged attack depletes the defense of enemies, making it so other plants can do much more damage to a zombie. A strategy for Herbal Assault is to stay behind and shoot zombies in the graveyard from a distance. This makes it much easier for plants to get rid of the zombies and take over the graveyard. Try to start attacking a Zombie with a fully charged shot. You aren't capable of doing much damage without doing so. A good idea is to use hit and run strategies, jinxing a few zombies in a group, then using Time Snare or Arcane Enigma to make a getaway, and rack up the Jinx assists and shared vanquishes. In any objective based gamemode, try to jinx as many Zombies as you can see. This makes it ridiculously easy for your teammates to finish them off.
- Added to the game
- ▲ Increased base damage from 5 to 6.5
- ▲ Increased the Staff of Jinxing's impact damage from 6.5 - 7.5
- ▼ Decreased the Staff of Jinxing's impact damage from 7.5 - 6.5
- Nec'Rose, Frost Rose and Fire Rose are the only Rose variants to have unique eye colors.
- Coincidentally, all three of these variants are the only variants that can charge up their attacks.
- She greatly resembles a purple tulip rather than a rose.
- The word "necro-plant-cy" in her Stickerbook description is a portmanteau of the words "plant" and "necromancy."
- Unlike most Stickerbook descriptions, the word "zombies" isn't capitalized.
- Despite her Stickerbook description stating she likes long walks on the beach, she doesn't actually walk. Rather, she floats.
- She happens to share some similarities with Sun Pharaoh. Both are flower-based, originate from the past, have a favorite snack, and like long "walks" on the beach.