Narcissus was a Pirate Seas unlockable plant who could spit bubbles at zombies. She was identical to Peashooter, with the exception that her bubbles could extinguish the torches of Explorer Zombie and Torch Juggler Zombie, similar to Snow Pea.
Narcissus was based on the plants in the genus Amaryllidaceae, such as the daffodil, daffadowndilly, jonquil and the like.
Their flowers have six-petal like tepals surmounted by a cup or trumpet-shaped corona. Her name was also based on a Greek god.
In English: Narcissus
Cheery flower plant.
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, she created a giant bubble around herself, which popped, damaging all zombies in a 3x3 area around her.
Narcissus was very similar to Peashooter. Her Plant Food effect, however, had considerably better crowd control, and her bubbles could extinguish the torches of Explorer Zombie and Torch Juggler Zombie.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Narcissus.
- If looking closely, the player could see she wass growing in a small pond, thus she was semi-aquatic.
- This may be a reference to the myth of Narcissus, a mythological person with the same name who he fell in love with his own reflection when looking into a pond after being tricked by Nemesis, the Greek goddess of revenge.
- Normal narcissuses are not aquatic.
- The water puddle is never there until Narcissus is planted.
- The bubbles would "go up" the stem before being fired, similar to the Peashooter and most other pea-shooting plants.
- She frequently faced backwards as part of her idle animation.
- She and Pineapple Cannon were the only Pirate Seas plants that could not be obtained in Adventure Mode.