Narcissus was a Pirate Seas unlockable plant who could spit bubbles at zombies. She was identical to Peashooter, with the exception that her bubbles could extinguish the torches of Explorer Zombie and Torch Juggler Zombie, similar to Snow Pea.
Narcissus was based on the narcissus, also known as the daffodil, a genus of flowering plants with strong historical significance in early Europe.
Narcissus growing from a small pond is possibly a reference to the Greek myth of the hunter Narcissus, who falls in love with his reflection after viewing it in a pond of water. The myth of Narcissus is said to be the origin for the name of the flower, as slouched over narcissus stems are said to be reminiscent of the hunter admiring his refection.
In English: Narcissus
Cheery flower plant.
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, she created a giant bubble around herself, which popped, damaging all zombies in a 3x3 area around her.
Narcissus was very similar to Peashooter. Her Plant Food effect, however, had considerably better crowd control, and her bubbles could extinguish the torches of Explorer Zombie and Torch Juggler Zombie.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Narcissus.
- Despite growing from a small pond, real life narcissus flowers are not aquatic.
- The water puddle is never there until Narcissus is planted.
- The bubbles would "go up" the stem before being fired, similar to the Peashooter and most other pea-shooting plants.
- She frequently faced backwards as part of her idle animation.
- She and Pineapple Cannon were the only Pirate Seas plants that could not be obtained in Adventure Mode.