Monkey King Peashooter is based on a Peashooter and Sun Wukong (孫悟空/孙悟空), also known as "The Monkey King", a legendary figure in Chinese culture who is best known as one of the main protagonists in Journey to the West.
His Golden Wand ability is based on Sun Wukong's iconic weapon, the Ruyi Jingu Bang (如意金箍棒), a magical staff that can shrink and grow at his command.
Monkey King Peashooter has following abilities:
- Unlike other heroes, its speed can be increased by "Somersault Cloud" skill
- If his "Pea God of War" skill is unlocked, he can increase fire rate of all pea-shooting plants around a 3X3 area of him.
- By his "Golden Eyes of Fire" skill he can ignite tile underneath zombie in front of him, dealing continuous damage.
- Monkey King Peashooter's fire rate can be increased by "Godly Speed" skill. Peas can also be ignited by Torchwood.
- His final skill is "Jingu Bang". With this skill he can deal huge damage to all zombies in range of tiles, instantly killing most of them, except Gargantuar, bosses and Tortoise Zombie. Tortoise Zombie will no longer be turned upside down if being hit.
Monkey King Peashooter is very easy to use. Like most of the other Heroes, it is extremely effective during the early-game. Monkey King Peashooter is more focused on its attack power, so it is not suggested to move him too close to the zombies.